Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
~Our First Contest! (All done!)~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:40 am
Our First Contest!

Welcome to the first Official Aura Academy Contest!

The first contest will run for approximately a week. Or two. Possibly two. Or three. User Image

The rules for the contest are simple - I have absolutely no idea what sort of contests are good for guilds, so I am accepting suggestions!

Boo and I will go through the suggestions at the end of this time and choose a winner. The winner will receive a prize of my choosing, of a value no less than 5k, and possibly even a Monthly Collectible, if I so choose. If I choose so. stare

Anyway.

Let the contest begin!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:49 am
Suggestions, suggestions! *dances*  

BooBooBoota
Captain

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 am
User Image
I went one better - the prize is an evolving item! Glee! blaugh

The advantage to E.I.'s, is they have tons of poses for everyone to enjoy, and always have good resale value!

*hunkers down to wait for ideas*

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am
Ooh my. An evolving item! Come on people, you have to at least give it a shot, now! *grabs people and throws them into this topic*
Hah hah, I love abducting people. 4laugh

BooBooBoota
Captain

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Yves89

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:38 am
Maybe a quiz, five to ten questions, that whoever gets the most right they win the prize?  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 pm
Well, seeing as this is an RP guild I think maybe a write-off would make a nice contest. Put a word count restriction on it and, of course, have it related to the Academy or, at the very least, steampunk. Not only would this give us all a chance to just write semi free-form, but it would also give us a chance to see how we all write and the ability to help one another improve on our descriptive/dynamic writing to make the most out of our time here.

As for selecting a winner, you could set up a panel of people to choose or it could be member based with the one restriction being you can't pick your own (to solve this issue, instead of making a poll make it so that the person has to post their choice).  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm
I was actually just thinking of a whiting contest as I was reading the post..But you beat me to it! Hahah. I think it's a good way to put our writing skills and styles to the test.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 pm

User Image

Hm... I am trying to think of contests, but my guild experience is limited to guilds that are fan based... mostly the Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics. But I can mention some contests they've had, maybe you can... convert them.

Banner contests (added bonus of making banners for the guild!)
Fanfiction contests (not sure how that would work...)
Tektek contests (Like, tektek this character... but you could... I dunno, do a 'make fun of the professors' tektek contest...)

That's all I have for now, I will swing by the Haven and find some more.

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:14 pm
User Image
Good thoughts, everyone! I'm very pleased at the responses! 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:30 pm
Contest for contests? Hmm, now I've seen everything.
Ha, well including Scoottiebears Tektek contest, maybe have a contest for coming up with a villain or other npc. This could also included a small plot summary how this character would affect the roleplay.

Well, maybe a steampunk poetry contest, or some sort of contest for our guild's motto.

Jin RedSaint
Crew

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:23 pm

User Image

Oh I like the poetry idea, although I can't guarantee I'll participate, I'm not a poet in any sense hee hee.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:00 am
Character of the Month: Selecting some one who has a interesting character.
Poster of the Month
: Most posts or activity.
Banner Contest: You need some Banners.
Art Contest: Submit art and people judge them.
Test of the Month: Submit a test that everyone has to answer or maybe take twp of the same photos alter one and see what people find is different.
That's all I got.

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:29 pm
User Image
Hey there! Thanks for playing - all of you had very good ideas! The contest is now closed, and I'll be discussing the winner with Boo!

Aura Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games