Another Classical Music Trivia Game!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 am
Whoa this thread stopped. No one posted since July. Lets see... I ask the next question then eek

Which of Prokofiev's pieces has 5 movments. The fourth being the most famous, and the second being titled "Romance"? And what are the other movements called?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:58 pm
Hmmm... to be sure and before I answer it fully, is it his Lieutenant Kije Suite?  

Isake-kun

`Kel`
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 am
Isake-kun
Hmmm... to be sure and before I answer it fully, is it his Lieutenant Kije Suite?

Yes its the Lieutenant Kiji Suite.

I - Kiji's Birth
II - Romance
III - Kiji's Wedding
IV - Troika
V - Kiji's Burial

------------------
Once again its been FOREVER since this post has moved. I think its kinda my fault this time. sweatdrop So I'll ask another question...

What was Prokofiev's 1st opera called and how old was he when he wrote it? AND Did he attend the Moscow Conservatory or the St Petersburg Conservatory?

Can you tell I like Prokofiev?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:42 pm
`Kel`
Isake-kun

Yes its the Lieutenant Kiji Suite.

I - Kiji's Birth
II - Romance
III - Kiji's Wedding
IV - Troika
V - Kiji's Burial

------------------
Once again its been FOREVER since this post has moved. I think its kinda my fault this time. sweatdrop So I'll ask another question...

What was Prokofiev's 1st opera called and how old was he when he wrote it? AND Did he attend the Moscow Conservatory or the St Petersburg Conservatory?

Can you tell I like Prokofiev?

It was called The Giant, written in 1900, making him only 9 years old......wow.....let's see some modern 9-year-olds compose some worthy music!!

oh, and as for the Liutenant Kije, my band played an arrangement of that suite, but the piece was called "Midnight Sleighride" it was really pretty....

City Pop Barbie

Fashionable Star

City Pop Barbie

Fashionable Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:44 pm
Who originally composed Sleigh Ride, and why did he create the piece?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 am
Leroy Anderson composed it... Because it was too hot outside?

Which Italian composer allegedly punched his pregnant leading lady in the stomach, causing her to miscarry, rather than jeopardize his productions?  

Ladd Frand

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Insane Mokona
Leroy Anderson composed it... Because it was too hot outside?

Which Italian composer allegedly punched his pregnant leading lady in the stomach, causing her to miscarry, rather than jeopardize his productions?

Jean-Baptise Lully? o_o *trying to think of all the italian composers i know* but ouch for the leading lady eek  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 am
For the sake of this threads survival, I will ask another question:

With what male figure was Tchaikovsky first considered having a romantic relationship with, and how else were these two related?  

DieF1228

Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces