Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What we knew all along is confirmed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 am
User Image

http://www.alternet.org/politics/140221/bush's_shocking_biblical_prophecy_emerges:_god_wants_to_"erase"_mid-east_enemies_"before_a_new_age_begins"/

tl;dr: Bush admitted to the French President that his motives for invading Iraq were based on the idea that the Biblical monsters Gog and Magog were up to no good in the Middle East and that God wanted him to stop them.

It terrifies me that our country was run for eight years by a person who believes these delusions and by other people who may either believe these delusions as well or have used scare tactics to manipulate Bush's delusions.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 pm
That is frightening to the point that it doesn't even seem real. How could anyone take something like that seriously when real lives are a stake. It's just plain stupid and irresponsible. But then again pretty much every country is ruled by some sort of religious doctrine. Is there no salvation for the Atheists of the world? Is there a place where the oppressive and exclusive wills of "higher beings" does not interfere with the logic and reality of day to day life? xp  

55may55

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:52 pm
User Image

I told my mother about this today. She is a Christian, but considers herself to be pretty liberal and non-fundie... her response was almost as scary as the story itself: "Well, you've got to remember some people believe in that"

Not "Bush is crazy" or "how dare he base world-influencing decisions upon a Biblical prophecy?" or anything like that.

I fear.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games