Welcome to Gaia! ::

The SpanGlish Guild

Back to Guilds

Aprende Ingles. --//-- Learn spanish!! FIRST BILINGUAL GUILD!!!!!! 

Tags: Español, Ingles, Contests, Games, Spanish 

Reply School//Escuela
Vosotros Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

planetearth237

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm
xXx-Kyuubi_Kyosho-xXx
planetearth237
xXx-Kyuubi_Kyosho-xXx
no no......ok...

it´s : " ustedes SON mis amigos ".-----> you are my friends

or u can say : " vosotros SOIS mis amigos " ---> you are my friends =^^=

this both sentences represent the same....u can use both...they dont give a problem in the conversations

ok, but in vosotros can only be used in informal situaions, right? like, i wouldn't say vosotros to a teacher? or am i missing the point?...

yeah , u can use it....it doesnt give problems.....is what i said....u can use both meanings...."vosotros" is must for ellegance.....if ur teacher dont belive u...he isnt a spanish teacher xD....u must belive in us, cause we, the mayority, live in latinamerica and we use all days the spanish...=^^=

oh ok... i never asked my spanish teacher about vosotros actually... and its a she ^@^ dont worry, i trust you! but my spanish teacher has spanish as her first language too and still uses it everyday, but i still trust you more!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 pm
planetearth237
xXx-Kyuubi_Kyosho-xXx
planetearth237
xXx-Kyuubi_Kyosho-xXx
no no......ok...

it´s : " ustedes SON mis amigos ".-----> you are my friends

or u can say : " vosotros SOIS mis amigos " ---> you are my friends =^^=

this both sentences represent the same....u can use both...they dont give a problem in the conversations

ok, but in vosotros can only be used in informal situaions, right? like, i wouldn't say vosotros to a teacher? or am i missing the point?...

yeah , u can use it....it doesnt give problems.....is what i said....u can use both meanings...."vosotros" is must for ellegance.....if ur teacher dont belive u...he isnt a spanish teacher xD....u must belive in us, cause we, the mayority, live in latinamerica and we use all days the spanish...=^^=

oh ok... i never asked my spanish teacher about vosotros actually... and its a she ^@^ dont worry, i trust you! but my spanish teacher has spanish as her first language too and still uses it everyday, but i still trust you more!

xD....ok ok....u must xd .....hey.....tell me what happened in the end...ok??....see u dude =^^=

xXx-Kyuubi_Kyosho-xXx

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Mitzar

9,750 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:05 am
vosotros is the plural for of second person, in english you use "you" same for singular or plural.

In spanish... second person in singular "you" = tu
but plural is vosotros (or vosotras in femenin)...in normal and coloquial way.

But again second plural way... "you pluyral" can be "ustedes", which is most used in latinoamerica.

In Spain "ustedes" is not used any more, only in very specific respectful situations like court or contracts, or if you want to give and special and super idea of respect to other guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:22 am
in my Dominican knowledge, ustedes is only used by dominicans, puertoricans,and mexicans. vosotros is the same exact thing as ustedes, exept its a little bit more FORMAL.

Vosotros: you all, you guys, you people etc.............  

l Mei l

Drunkelheit

1,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am
polly107
in my Dominican knowledge, ustedes is only used by dominicans, puertoricans,and mexicans. vosotros is the same exact thing as ustedes, exept its a little bit more FORMAL.

Vosotros: you all, you guys, you people etc.............

Vosotros isn't used in Mexico. We use the word Nosotros.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Vosotros is used in spain only.
vosotros/vosotras (you-all - informal)
Conjugation:
AR verb: [Jugar]
Jugáis
IR verb: [Escribir]
Escribéis
ER verb: [Apprender]
Apprendéis

Mischief managed.

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Patient in...

Okay, my Spanish teacher lived in Spain for four years and she said that vosotros is used all the time and she said it is said to refer more to friends than anything else (if you are from Spain please explain this form!!)

...meiner Pyschiatrie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 am
Mrithyu

Patient in...

Okay, my Spanish teacher lived in Spain for four years and she said that vosotros is used all the time and she said it is said to refer more to friends than anything else (if you are from Spain please explain this form!!)

...meiner Pyschiatrie

I'm from Spain, and "vosotros/vosotras" is used like "you", as second person in plural, for singular we use "tú", and first person in plural is "nosotros/nosotras". "Ustedes" is not used, only in some regions, like the Canary Islands.
"Usted" is used instead of "tú" in formal letters, formal conversations (at work)...  

HauntedCris

LieKaLi

6,600 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:09 am
PyroDogs94
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Vosotros is used in spain only.
vosotros/vosotras (you-all - informal)
Conjugation:
AR verb: [Jugar]
Jugáis
IR verb: [Escribir]
Escribéis
ER verb: [Apprender]
Apprendéis

Mischief managed.

-->Escribís /Escribéis doesn't exist.

I'm Spanish and I don't use "ustedes"; it's weird for me to use it. It's like overformal.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 pm
You could say Vosotros is useless outside Spain, because every other Spanish Speaking countries uses Ustedes.  

nachopower

Questionable Lunatic

Erebus Haze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm
nachopower
You could say Vosotros is useless outside Spain, because every other Spanish Speaking countries uses Ustedes.

Almost. My Peruvian Spanish teacher says that it's used in some countries, like Argentina. Not sure if it's that specific country but it's a small minority. Maybe in that country in Africa that used to speak Spanish formally.  
School//Escuela

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff