Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
classmates/workmates?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mivzi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:07 pm
I don't really mind when I let my classmates see my crafts.

But personally I think it's kind of embarrassing when they go

OMFGG SOAAWESOME

since in all reality I suck rofl

Like my stencilled book-cover for my sketchbook. D;

So what do you do?

Do you flaunt your creations, or only tell people you made it if they actually ask?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 pm
Well, when I make something new I show it to my friends, but I don't go up to random people...  

KariudoMegami

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:10 am
It depends. I like to show my things off in my knit-LJ, just because it's a nice space to yammer about my work without forcing someone into listening to it. But I usually don't show off my work in public. I don't wear my own projects or carry them around much, so I don't get asked about them much. Unless I'm working in public. Then I don't really have a choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:51 am
I love it when people have nice things to say about completed works that I'm proud of, but it's embarassing when people see unfinished works. When a project isn't finished, I'll go out of my way to hide it unless somebody really wants to see it (or unless I'm kidding around with friends).  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Adain-chan

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:53 pm
I'm usually pretty proud of my finished work and I don't usually mind letting people see a work in progress, unless it's when I write, then I only show it to certain people I trust not to make fun of me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:06 am
I wear my completed work all the time, and I love telling people that I made it. Mostly b/c I'm looking for commision work ^_^;; I don't really have the problem of people looking at unfinished crafts, b/c I don't take them out of the house.  

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:21 pm
it depends if I like it or not,
my AFK I showed to everybody because I love it soo much, but some other things that don't turn out like they should just don't get seen.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:53 pm
I show my family, mostly because we all make things. Sometimes I'll get ideas for something that is in progress, too. Otherwise, is someone comments on something I've made, I usually accept the complement, and tell them that I made it without making a big deal out of it.  

PiercedPrincess

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:07 am
I wear all of my completed projects unless there for someone else like almost everything I've been making lately, but I do like to show it off. I take all my completed projects to my knitting group to show it off and get advice on how I could have done it better. And I have no problem with people seeing a work in progress, I am constantly knitting everywhere I go... unless it's a class that's too small for me to knit and the professor will notice xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:48 am
I have no classmates or workmates lol. I'm not shy about showing off things I made though, just as long as they aren't crappy P:  

Dracolich

Dangerous Vampire

blessed.into.extinction

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:24 pm
I hide everything til it's done, and then MAYBE I'll show it to someone XP  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:23 pm
Back when I lived with my friends I loved to show them the latest in my creative works, whether it be a plushie, a drawing, or a suit for a teddy bear. Now that I only live with my husband, far away from people I'm comfortable with, only he gets to see my stuff. I don't have a camera anymore so, my family and friends only see what I happen to have with me when I go home for the holidays. ^^;  

Rorek

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:39 pm
I get rather embarrased when people turn around in class to stare at my knitting. and then i get annoyed, and want to poke their eyes out. And i -hate- it when strangers or annoying people in general are like "OMG" over it, because nine times out of ten its accompanied by a "can you make me one?"

Though if they comment on something i made, i say "thanks, i made it." I'm proud of it, i just hate humanity sometimes. mrgreen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:20 pm
In general, I only show things I make to friends and family. I get embarrassed when other people look at them, so I don't advertise that I made it. But when I'm really proud of saomething, I will flaunt it.  

anneadeline

Majel

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:10 am
I don't like to show off but I do like to try to get feedback from friends, which hasen't realy helped yet...  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games