Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Can we get behind guilds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:00 pm
Actually, Windowopener's right in a sense too. This is the biggest guild about guilds out there, I do believe, and I think he's completely right to say that it should be started here because of the membership. I know I might be doing a 180 degree turn on this, but if I started with a small, new guild, there would be little chance of popularity.

The only reason I would have to make a transfer to a new guild is if the registry/popularity got too big for this guild to support it. However, I'd love to have a fair amount of support/etc before I go posting a bunch of things here and then someone says, "Hey, what are you doing to the guild".  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:52 pm
There do appear to be a few spare subforums here, but it might be harder to keep a subforum being checked than a guild.  

LillianSaire

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:55 pm
Even so, using a single subforum as a starting point is better than nothing.

*looks at crew hopefully*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:25 am
Window, good luck, I would give my piece on this, but seeing how I am not really a big user anymore....at all accually, it will be pointless to post it here. Later bud ^_^.  

St._Jimmy

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:17 am
Jimmy; cheers =)

LillianSaire; Personally I think the registry does a fair job of bringing people to guilds that they know they are looking for. It's also fairly easy for guilds that don't want to be found to stay out of searches. Inactive guilds, however you define that term, are generally not shown as prominently as more active ones. Active guilds are usually made to appear the more obvious choice (even if this is sometimes thanks to an ancient, secret algorithm...). There are fair mechanisms in place for all these things. I think we'd struggle to offer a more helpful alternative just by removing a lot of data that most people don't see anyway. Also, as a simple alternative to the registry, we would never be as convenient for as many people, and would bring with us new 'disadvantages' that the current registry 'fixes'.

NeoTsure; Agreed, there are definitely some advantages to starting small. It's easier to build something up than to rely on a sudden rush of exposure, no matter how much we might prepare for it.

I'd even put forward the idea of starting as a thread. Something loose and free-flowing, where people provide a few vital stats about guilds they are familiar with and discussion goes from there. If we can get some lively chat going we can look at taking the topic to a subforum where people can start their own 'guild discussion' threads.

By the way, with just one thread, the most appropriate forum for a resource like this would be the forum we call Resources & Discussion, which just happens to be the main forum. smile heart

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:11 am
Isn't there a 'hide from registry' option? I think some people, even those that use it for storage, don't bother to use that.

This might not be the best place, but... my little guild is now on page two or roleplaying and above, by one or two, the previously second-highest RP school guild. 4laugh

LillianSaire

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 pm
Let's go to work then!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 am
Sounds like a good idea!

xp 18 days later...  

LillianSaire