Welcome to Gaia! ::

Battlefield

Back to Guilds

A battlefield/united nations guild used for communication, alliances, enemies, businesses and wars between guilds. 

Tags: Battle, Alliances, Enemies, Business, Communication 

Reply Waiting Room
ARCF - Because Texas and Australia rock ^_^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glory to Alexa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm
Alexan Republic Combat Forces

The Republic of Alexa is a somewhat large nation lying to the south and west of the Gaian mainland. Boasting a culture reminiscent of both Texas and Australia, the Alexan people are strong, loyal, kind hearted, and independent. A population of around 408 million people allows Alexa to boast a military of around 3.5 million if relying on volunteers (as the nation usually does for it's military strength), or around 46 million if conscription is brought into effect, though this is only done in an emergency situation. These soldiers are organized into an Army and a Navy. There is also the Army Air Force, which is a part of the Army, a Naval Air Force, which is part of the Navy, and a Marine Corps, which is part of the Navy. As far as government structure goes, the nation is ruled by a Prime Minister, who is elected via a direct vote of the population and serves for a 5 year term. A Prime Minister can serve a maximum of three terms. The Prime Minister, along with his ruling cabinet, is called the Executive. The Executive is assisted in ruling by the Legislature, a 200 representative structure that passes bills and votes on important decisions that the Prime Minister is not authorized to make on his own, like instating conscription during an emergency situation. Representatives represent the ten provinces of the Republic, each province being allowed twenty representatives. Finally, there is an eleven member supreme court, called the Judiciary. These three branches of government watch over each other in a system of checks and balances, much like in the United States of America.

*More info coming soon*

Interested recruits post in this thread. Anyone who joins before construction is finished is expected to assist.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 pm
Provincial Structure

User Image

All of the provinces in Alexa are named after military heroes from the War of Unification (Historically the Alexan Isles have been inhabited by warring city-states. The War of Unification was the continent-wide war that formed a single nation out of these groups, much like the unifications of Italy and Germany in the 19th century.) The white space surrounding the two nations is water, though I'm sure that is fairly obvious to all of you.

1- Husky
2 - Peachtree
3 - Errikson
4 - Gandon
5 - Arbour
6 - Hallwood
7 - Falloden
8 - Shelby
9 - Albourne
10 - Moiliu

One would do well to note that, although Moiliu is a part of Alexa, and shares a culture with Alexa, Moilians speak French as their native tongue, while Mainland Alexans speak English. Moilians still consider themselves Alexans, they just speak a different language. Most Moilians have at least some proficiency with the English language to make interaction with Mainland Alexans easier. As for Mainland Alexa, those in the eastern areas tend to speak English with an Australian accent, while those in the West have a tendency to speak with Texas twang.  

Glory to Alexa

Mill Wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 am
Hey cool! Need help with Army layout?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:39 am
It would be appreciated. I have enough Vickers, but I could use some crew. Put in a join request.  

Glory to Alexa

Mill Wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:50 am
Done, ma'am. ^^

Hummm, are you guys a modern military guild? I can pull off anything, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:52 am
Yes, it is modern military.  

Glory to Alexa

Red and Silver Death

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 am
Do you require a startegic Command officer?

((I fly like AWACS get high like JSTAR))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:48 pm
Red and Silver Death
Do you require a startegic Command officer?

((I fly like AWACS get high like JSTAR))
Yes, a SCO would be appreciated. I'll get to you in a minute.  

Glory to Alexa

Dream Han

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:17 am
color test  
Waiting Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out