Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Kami summoning and acquiring a patron/matron. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:13 am
Quote:
Who was your first Kami if I may ask (Since there are many kami for any given facet of this world and beyond)? I know there are a few who are seen in both male and female forms (i.e. the more popularly known Inari). Was your previous Kami a Kami of the Heavens, or Earth? I generally get rather excited to find others with roots in Shinto. I have a primarily shinto center, and hold Benzaiten-no-kami (hime)as my Matron deity.

My first kami that I held as a patron/matron was a kami of the earth, it resided in an old tree outside my house. My matron is not terribly strong but, at least from what I can tell, has great potential.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:17 pm
i'm realy very rather curious about this discussion on Sigil Magik now, and if it is considered strongly different from Symbol-magik or Seal-magik...? both of those also tend to be seen involved with Theurgy, as well as Evocation/Invocation, and also curses and blessings. the idea behind it being that they are bindings or enchantments. these practices are acttually quite old, though i can't quite remember right now where and when exactly they origionate... looks like i have to review.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:21 pm
Chieftain Twilight
i'm realy very rather curious about this discussion on Sigil Magik now, and if it is considered strongly different from Symbol-magik or Seal-magik...? both of those also tend to be seen involved with Theurgy, as well as Evocation/Invocation, and also curses and blessings. the idea behind it being that they are bindings or enchantments. these practices are acttually quite old, though i can't quite remember right now where and when exactly they origionate... looks like i have to review.

I tried looking for where I had learned about sigils...sadly the link seems to have since disappeared...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:33 pm
Mihi Cura Futuri
Chieftain Twilight

I tried looking for where I had learned about sigils...sadly the link seems to have since disappeared...

oh well, thank you anyway dear.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games