Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Okay, let's put it to a vote.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pick one.
  Everything in the main forum.
  Use subforums.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Democracy in action, folks. Since some of you seem to like thread games but only as long as they're in the main forum, and the subforums are woefully short on activity, would you prefer to have everything jammed into the main forum where you can see it (until it gets bumped off the main page)?

I prefer the organization of subforums because it frees the main forum up for chatting and randomness without having to wade through all the game, RP, and bump threads. On top of that, since we don't seem to be a very observant or energetic group, it's possible that anything that gets bumped off the first page would disappear forever. As it is, no one notices my announcements (go ahead, prove me wrong by voting before the week is out).

Having everything in the main forum would more likely lead to more activity within individual threads, but probably not very many of them. So we might end up with a net benefit of zip, after you factor in the confusion caused by having 30 or so threads moved to the main forum.

There's only a handful of active members, so it could be done right now. I'd prefer that the subforums just get used more. But ultimately, you guys are the ones who'll decide whether that happens.

If you have another solution or suggestion or compromise, please post it here so that we can discuss it. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

My one and biggest concern for having everything in the main forum is that the games will take over. They'll be the main thing that is focused on and the discussion threads will fall and become rarely used.

At least, that's how I've seen it happen in most all other guilds I've been in that have done so. >_<;;;;

As far as what I personally do...I check the main forum, then the games, and then lastly a few of the others. However, there isn't much I have to say from time to time so quite often I just read without posting. I'm very sorry. >_<;;

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

Congrats on being the only one besides me and my brother and the mystery person who voted before the week ended. xd

I know you're around. I don't expect everyone to post everywhere all the time. It just hit me about the lack of activity when I moved what appeared to be a popular game thread to the games subforum, and all activity in it suddenly vanished. sweatdrop It makes me wonder if there couldn't be a different, or better, way to encourage posting from the less active members. confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:20 pm
I like the subforrum Idea. It keeps stuff organized.

I check the minigames, then the RP threads,

and then finally the main page.

Of coure I don't use gaia's guild links to get here either.
I've linked my browser's URL listing up to the spam and bump forrum.
So in truth, I go there first.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Maybe the titles of the subforums are too texty for people. Long titles can discourage people from clicking links. Maybe if I made them more succinct? surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:32 pm
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

That's a possibility.
      Perhaps something more "to the point" as far as the titles go.

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:57 pm
Hmm, someone voted to put everything in the main forum. I wonder who and why.

Who are you? eek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:43 pm
purpleravenhawk
Hmm, someone voted to put everything in the main forum. I wonder who and why.

Who are you? eek

That would be me. Hmm... a compromise... I think if we make the subforms more loose or general, then I would agree with it. Because finding which post goes where hurts my head, if I just see something easy I will do posting and stuff more.  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 am
Ah, I had a hunch it had something to do with the subforum titles. Okay, working on it. 3nodding  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games