Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Can't get Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector working

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:09 am
I'm able to connect my DS to the connector, and perform a successful connection test. However, if I try to play a game, it times out when trying to connect online. I'm connecting to a laptop which in turn is connected wirelessly to a router.

I know these things are notorious for not working, but I'm wondering if anyone has found some sort of a trick or hack to get the job done. Help me, Cult. You're my only hope.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 am
Try uninstalling the software and reinstalling. Yeah, these things are unreliable.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:21 pm
here is what you do: connect to the wireless router with your DS instead. the NWF USB Connector sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 pm
NintendOmega
Try uninstalling the software and reinstalling. Yeah, these things are unreliable.

Yeah, I hate these things.. I still have mine in my closet. I'm sooo glad my parents switched it for a wireless router.  

ravemast

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:19 pm
Everyone keeps telling me to connect straight to the router. If I could, I would. That's the whole reason I'm dealing with this pos dongle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:46 pm
Buy a box of them at a time. sweatdrop When it's fried, it's fried.  

Kani Tochimeijin

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:17 am
User Image I would suggest getting the wii lan adapter, its much more reliable and there's fewer breakups online.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games