Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Click for
  gold
View Results

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:48 pm
Without making contests and what-not, how would you attempt to bring a guild back to life? The guild I'm in, has tons of people, they vote all the time, but they just don't post anymore. And the past month or so, I've been doing nothing but posting and getting very little response. I'm on the verge of just giving up. Any suggestions? Please, and thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:52 pm
If they are taking polls but not posting, not much you can do. I would suggest sending some pm's to the members and asking them to make at least 2 new posts a week. That should kickstart things  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:55 pm
*nods* That certainly would, but another friend and I have been posting threads and no one has been taking any action. Perhaps this guild is just destined to die?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:26 pm
A guild is not destined to die, it is in the fate of the members. I suppose the next, follow up question is, what is your guild and what does it do?  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 pm
Well, it's not my guild exactly, I'm just a mod there. But, sadly, it's a poll guild. So of course, the polls are gonna get tapped and not the chit-chat like it used to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:39 pm
Once a guild dies bringing it back to life is an arduous task. What if you were to completely redo the entire guild from the guild, delete all the old threads. Sort of "remodel" the guild.  

Facelesskiller

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:41 pm
I'm sure I could if I were guild owner. I'm just a mod.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:54 am
How active is your other staff?

I suggest if you think it is a major concern, and because you brought it here, then it must be, to have a chat with your Guild Captain and say, "Look, this is a problem and I propose that we do 'this' to fix it". Something like that. It would appear that you genuinely don't want the guild to fall into inactivity and obscurity, but on the other hand you're somewhat powerless in your current position. So the best thing to do is talk to the Captain.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Sakura Ashida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 pm
Yeah, that's a very good point.. Well, the guild captain rarely signs in anymore. Actually, I haven't seen the guild captain in quite a few months. So, if she signed in more, I would discuss it with her. However, I've discussed the issue with the co-captain yesterday and we're going to try and get a hold of the active sign-in members (although not active members in the guild) and see what we can do. Perhaps not re-model it, but hopefully bring it back to life, if even just a tad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm
Good, I think that's the right way to go. Good luck with that, and inform us about updates!  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 am
Gaia news, current events, anime and world news. Just make a topic about something that someone would like to talk about.

This works best if you round up a few members, or use mules to chat with and prove to the other members that the guild can be a chat guild too.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games