Lobe-Stretching Update {w/IMG}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 am
I've already met my goal size {1"/25mm} a while ago, but I have trouble with my jewelry falling out while I sleep at night sometimes {I can't sleep without them for the same following reason} because once in a while when they fall out, my lobes get irritated and I end up having to downsize a size or two and then re-stretch back to 1" by taping.
Long story short, a little bit ago, I was forced to downsize to 7/8" in my left ear, and 3/4" in my right.

Earlier this afternoon I was able to reach my goal of 1" again in my left ear, and moved up to 7/8" in my right. Almost there! A friend of mine donated a brand new pair of 1" DF Steel Tunnels to wear when I reach 1". :3

User Image
Left ear, 1" acrylic taper.
{I know wearing tapers for an extended period of time isn't the best of ideas, but for some reason, none of my 1" jewelry will fit in my lobes, even though the taper is 1" o.O}

User Image
Right ear, 7/8" single-flare steel tunnel.
{I hope this jewelry doesn't fall out during the night because I don't have any o-rings for 7/8" T__T}

Who else is currently stretching their lobes? Do any of you have the same problem with jewelry falling out while you sleep?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 am
YES. Its terrifying. I'm only at 5/8, but I have so much extra space in my right ear that I'm pretty sure I could easily fit a 3/4 in.
The jewelry I have in is screw on tunnels, too. So it doesn't have a flare, but a straight up stopping point. Which makes it even more terrifying when they fall out because of their size.

I really need to get some tape, but I'm lazy. =[

Gore Shock

Annihilation Sky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm
I'm glad I'm still at a uber tiny size and don't have to worry about that yet emo

Have you tried getting some Kaos Eyelets to sleep in? They might stay in better than other stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:47 pm
i have sort of the opposite problem now...

ever since i got past 00g my lobes went all akira
on me and wont stop stretching.
around xmas, i stretched up to 7/16",
and right now im at 3/4" with no effort on my part whatsoever. emo

i've lost sooooooo many great plugs in the last 6 months. crying
they'd fall out while i slept, changing clothes, swimming, walking, ANYTHING!!

so now i sleep without plugs. its working, sort of. as long as i remember to take them out when i go to bed, my lobes stay tight, but if i leave them in for more than a few days i will lose them in my bed or the shower.

its so dumb. im consciously trying not to stretch right now, and thats all my ears want to do.
when i was stretching, it was like trying to get a cat in a bathtub.
my ears are such bitches rolleyes

phallumontis

charliebaex

Tipsy Lover

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:07 pm
yeah, i wear these expect they're pink 5/8"D:< but they didn't come with o-rings. i tried putting some on but they kept falling off. they always fall out when i sleep. i was listening to some tunes and i took my headphones off and one fell out. i was freaking out because i couldn't find it and i was at the library. they're a pain in the a** and i won't have any money for a week to buy some saddle plugs. pain in my asss D:<  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 am

I feel so weird for having this problem at 4g. I recently bought 2g swirl plugs and I figured I'd have to buy a taper to help with the stretching... But I popped them in without any problems. :V

Good luck with it 'though~

Quote the Fallen

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am
Sterilize some natural leather, cut it into a strip, wet it, roll it up to the desired size and fit it in your ear.

It'll dry and form a tapered edge, and since it's natural/porous it absorbs "ear cheese" smell and it's not slick so it won't fall out while you sleep.

When you wanna get them out, just re wet them and squeeze them back out. It's a little difficult to do so but there's no way in hell they'll fall out unless you want them out. XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:17 pm
I'm at 35mm and my tunnels always fall out. Luckily, my skin doesn't tighten with them out, so it's no big deal... unless I lose them in the couch =/.  

N3rdThoughts

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff