The Legendary Starfy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:26 pm
What with this eagerly awaited game being released just the other day, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread made for it yet.

Anyway, who else has had a chance to pick this one up? Is it meeting your expectations?

For those of you who don't know, Starfy is one of the assist trophies in Brawl. He's the little star who just floats around and tries to hit people with his spin attack. Until now, his games were deemed "too Japanese" for NoA's liking.

A brief run-down of the game:
It's a platformer people have claimed to be similar to Kirby, because of the light and fun graphics and the numerous power-ups that allow you to breathe fire, among other things.

The map is much like Kirby as well, operating on the sub-map system with secret areas to unlock and chests to grab on the way. Starfy's best friend, Moe, even acts as a treasure chest seeker - if you get near a chest, his eyes start to sparkle.

Simply put, it's a really easy game, but definitely a worthwhile one. Upon beating the game, you have the option to play as Starly, a pink version and sister of Starfy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:29 pm
KIRBY!!! STARFY!!!
I'd really like to try this game. The gameplay sounds interesting and I don't mind if it's easy.  

-Hel the Reaper-

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:49 pm
hmm...I hated starfy in brawl, that's probably why no ones made a thread yet ^^; Though set aside you said it plays like kirby? I'll have to take a look sometime  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
hmm...I hated starfy in brawl, that's probably why no ones made a thread yet ^^; Though set aside you said it plays like kirby? I'll have to take a look sometime

V1SUAL K31

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 am
Never heard of this game... I'm guessing that's because it's on DS and isn't being released in Europe...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 am
How the ******** is this a pink starfish?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

nerdyninja

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 am
I always see Starfry. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 am
nerdyninja

Very funny. Check the Wiki article, and blame it on NoA. Her original name was Starpy, but I think they did a good thing by changing the names. Starfy and Starly both sound much better than the originals.

Besides, Starly the star is way cooler than a 4th generation rip-off of the bird who pops up in every single ******** patch of grass you walk into.

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 pm
smile into the chaos
nerdyninja

Very funny. Check the Wiki article, and blame it on NoA. Her original name was Starpy, but I think they did a good thing by changing the names. Starfy and Starly both sound much better than the originals.

Besides, Starly the star is way cooler than a 4th generation rip-off of the bird who pops up in every single ******** patch of grass you walk into.

Not as bad as the Goddamn Zubats.

Personally, I wish they had kept the names the same as they did beforehand; Stafy and Stappie. After playing the ROMs of the first 3 GBA Stafy games, you get used to it.

Moe, although that name seems lackluster... I guess it'd be far more pronounceable than his better name, Kyrosuke.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:24 pm
smile into the chaos
nerdyninja

You are dead to me.

@ T How dare you insult my Zubats!  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:57 pm
TtheHero
smile into the chaos
nerdyninja

Personally, I wish they had kept the names the same as they did beforehand; Stafy and Stappie. After playing the ROMs of the first 3 GBA Stafy games, you get used to it.

Moe, although that name seems lackluster... I guess it'd be far more pronounceable than his better name, Kyrosuke.

part of my user name in a game! o.o ho ffffffu-  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:30 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
TtheHero
smile into the chaos
nerdyninja

part of my user name in a game! o.o ho ffffffu-

Ah, curse my typos...

I forgot an o. It's Kyorosuke

Sorry about that! sweatdrop

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

King Nagi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:38 pm
i thought his name was supposed to be stafy o.o
in brawl that's what his trophy name is v.v  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm
This game is a major letdown. It's like if Fischer Price made Kirby.  

8Bit Jack

me syd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 pm
Look pretty fun, but it does seem a lot like kirby.
I am going to buy it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff