Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Cosmos?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xLolitapop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:03 am
So I read over that last volume with her appearance and all, but I'm still confused as to who Sailor Cosmos really is. Is she just a scout from the future or is she indeed the ultimate Sailor Moon?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:05 am
It's a Debate that is said that even the Author doesn't truly know.

Most believe Sailor Cosmos is a future incarnation of Neo-Queen Serenity in the far far far future. There are some that believe that she's simply another reincarnation of the current Sailor Moon that happens to have memories of her past life (for some reason or another.)

Then there are also some theories that she's from an Alternative timeline where she had been defeated and all and ran away to this one.

Either way, it's really up to -you- to decided what and who Sailor Cosmos is.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

ArcanaXVIII

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:47 am
She is really the Necrinomicon!

Sorry But Hmm toughy I say Q She is not Sailor Moon!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:09 am
Yeah, because in the manga, it implies that it isn't her, yet they look alike, so there must be some sort of relation. And Sailor Moon is most powerful in the universe, so it would also make sense that she be Sailor Cosmos. But yeah it is a tough one.

Aside from the artbooks, is there anywhere else Takeuchi writes about her characters?  

xLolitapop

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:05 pm
xLolitapop
Yeah, because in the manga, it implies that it isn't her, yet they look alike, so there must be some sort of relation. And Sailor Moon is most powerful in the universe, so it would also make sense that she be Sailor Cosmos. But yeah it is a tough one.

Aside from the artbooks, is there anywhere else Takeuchi writes about her characters?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

I think what Cosmos actually says is "When Sailor Moon has the power to give everything up, that is when I become the ultimate Sailor Moon"....or something like that. That's how it makes sense to me that Cosmos and Moon are the same.

Anyway, you could try and see if there were any interviews with Naoko over that part of the series. Though I'm not sure how much luck with that you'd have

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 pm
xLolitapop

Well I wouldn't say Universe and I wouldn't say the Most powerful- because she personally never defeats Galaxia in a direct One on One fight. Galaxia is the one that realizes her own mistakes and all.

Sailor Moon might be the most powerful in the Galaxy. Not Universe- because a Universe is made of of billions and trillions of Galaxies. In one of those someone's bound to be stronger then she is.

(It's the law of the Land. Someone out there is always better/stronger/smarter than you somewhere. )

The entire story of Sailor Moon Takes place in our Galaxy. Galaxia (as she's aptly named) Is only taking over our Galaxy with our particular Starseed Cauldron.

Now, just because they look alike doesn't mean they are. I mean the hairstyle isn't just for moon-related people. I have a feeling that Naoko liked doing that.

I mean the Marend Maidens of Elysian also have the bun hairstyle-but their hairstyle is more similar to that of Queen Nehellenia of the Dead Moon but neither one is related.

Helios also has white hair- just like Princess Serenity has- and Neo-Queen Serenity will have- but he is not related to either one.

<<; You simply cannot go by looks alone.

Personally, I think Cosmos is probably a far far far flung descendant. (Or another version ) of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen.

It explains the plot hole that no two shall exist at the same time when dealing with time travel. After all, Sailor Moon was starting to disappear when she was too close to Neo Queen Serenity.

Remembering that- we know that as ChibiChibi, Cosmos basically lived with Usagi and was around her almost 24/7.

But neither one had ill effects. So, what does all this tell you?  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Rei Torano

Well I wouldn't say Universe and I wouldn't say the Most powerful- because she personally never defeats Galaxia in a direct One on One fight. Galaxia is the one that realizes her own mistakes and all.

You're right in one way. Galaxia isn't necassarily defeated by Sailor Moon in the manga, but the thing she found and was taken over by - Chaos itself - was defeated by Bunny. So Sailor Moon IS the most powerful

Quote:

Sailor Moon might be the most powerful in the Galaxy. Not Universe- because a Universe is made of of billions and trillions of Galaxies. In one of those someone's bound to be stronger then she is.

(It's the law of the Land. Someone out there is always better/stronger/smarter than you somewhere. )

Actually, I think it does say somewhere that she was the most powerful in the universe, especially since some of the Sailor Animates are from planets unknown

Quote:

The entire story of Sailor Moon Takes place in our Galaxy. Galaxia (as she's aptly named) Is only taking over our Galaxy with our particular Starseed Cauldron.

Yes, with the Star Seed Cauldron, but it is also known as "Sagitarius Zero Star", "The Galaxy Cauldron", a.k.a. the center of the universe (whatever you want to call it). All Sailor Crystals came from there, as stated in the manga, so every star seed from every system comes from there

Quote:

Now, just because they look alike doesn't mean they are. I mean the hairstyle isn't just for moon-related people. I have a feeling that Naoko liked doing that.

I mean the Marend Maidens of Elysian also have the bun hairstyle-but their hairstyle is more similar to that of Queen Nehellenia of the Dead Moon but neither one is related.

Helios also has white hair- just like Princess Serenity has- and Neo-Queen Serenity will have- but he is not related to either one.

True the hairstyle isn't just for the people of the moon descent. But the only other people who had the double bun style were the shrine maidens (as you said), but in my opinon, they look more like Luna than Nehellenia

Quote:

<<; You simply cannot go by looks alone.

True
Quote:

Personally, I think Cosmos is probably a far far far flung descendant. (Or another version ) of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen.

It explains the plot hole that no two shall exist at the same time when dealing with time travel. After all, Sailor Moon was starting to disappear when she was too close to Neo Queen Serenity.

Remembering that- we know that as ChibiChibi, Cosmos basically lived with Usagi and was around her almost 24/7.

True that no two of the same should exist in the same time. But Cosmos herself says in the last volume "I have come from the far future. I ran from a battle with Sailor Chaos, leaving everything behind."
-So this could prove the alternate timeline version of Sailor Moon

BUT, there is also what else Cosmos says "The Sailor Moon that just saved the galaxy is Sailor Cosmos' true form"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 pm
Venombabe
Rei Torano

You're right in one way. Galaxia isn't necassarily defeated by Sailor Moon in the manga, but the thing she found and was taken over by - Chaos itself - was defeated by Bunny. So Sailor Moon IS the most powerful

Not really, because Galaxia in the manga was not taken over by Chaos. Instead all she's done was collect Sailor Crystals to in fact defeat Chaos. Chaos only took her over in the Anime.

Manga Wise- Sailor Moon Never Defeated Galaxia. She was killed by Chaos. Again, Sailor Moon -herself- did not even defeat Chaos by herself. What happened was she asked others within the Cauldron to -Help- her defeat Chaos. That's literally probably Thousands of starseeds working together with a power far beyond Moon's. It's that that really saves the day because she believed that everyone could be saved and that there is a place for everything.

Anime- Only thing she did was help Galaxia exorcise Chaos from her body. Technically still didn't defeat Chaos, rather she helped Galaxia do it. (But that's just me.)

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I think it does say somewhere that she was the most powerful in the universe, especially since some of the Sailor Animates are from planets unknown

Where? The Animates are from this Galaxy. There are (If my sources are correct and I believe they are) 100,000,000,000 stars in our Galaxy alone. Out of all those stars, there are probably roughly more or half of that that have planets. Out of all those planets they may or may not have moons too. A Sailor Crystal is the embodiment power of a Planet's power. It's highly likely that I'm right and Sailor Moon is the most powerful person in -our- Galaxy because of her personality and disposition. Without her being -who- she is, then she wouldn't be as powerful as she was.
Going back to the first Manga that stated that the Silver Crystal is attuned to how her heart is.

But yes, Our Galaxy is bigger then we believe it is. Galaxia and the Animates(As well as other Sailor Senshi) are from the Milky Way. Which isn't the center of the Universe. It's probably the corner somewhere but not in the center.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, with the Star Seed Cauldron, but it is also known as "Sagitarius Zero Star", "The Galaxy Cauldron", a.k.a. the center of the universe (whatever you want to call it). All Sailor Crystals came from there, as stated in the manga, so every star seed from every system comes from there

I know what it's called. I remember it because there's a Black Hole there. That's how Naoko got the idea. It's not the center of the Universe- rather the center of OUR Galaxy. True, every star seed in the Milky Way Galaxy comes from there. But not the Universe. That's far too large and numerous. My theory is that there are Several million Cauldrons out there. They appear and disappear. Some of them sometimes collide with each other making a new cauldron. Just like Galaxies do.

Quote:
Quote:

I mean the Maenad Maidens of Elysian also have the bun hairstyle-but their hairstyle is more similar to that of Queen Nehellenia of the Dead Moon but neither one is related.

True the hairstyle isn't just for the people of the moon descent. But the only other people who had the double bun style were the shrine maidens (as you said), but in my opinon, they look more like Luna than Nehellenia

Meh, *Shrugs* Not really because Luna's hair style has -four- buns. Not just two. Nehellenia has Two buns. That's why I said they look more like Nehellenia. If we want to be technical, they're a cross between Nehellenia's bun style and Luna's wavey long hair.

Quote:
Quote:

True that no two of the same should exist in the same time. But Cosmos herself says in the last volume "I have come from the far future. I ran from a battle with Sailor Chaos, leaving everything behind."
-So this could prove the alternate timeline version of Sailor Moon

BUT, there is also what else Cosmos says "The Sailor Moon that just saved the galaxy is Sailor Cosmos' true form"

Well, again, she could be referring to how Sailor Moon didn't run from what she had to do-something Sailor Cosmos DID. Because Sailor Moon showed that courage and selfless act- then yes, that is the true form of Sailor Cosmos. I like to believe she's talking about what Sailor Moon did rather then the person herself.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

NichiTsukinoko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 pm
Well From the implication in the last manga, Sailor Cosmos does sort of say she is a future form of Sailor Moon, but not the Ultimate form, since she can not match or beat the display of courage that Eternal Sailor Moon shows in the Cauldron. Here is what she says

"I have come from the far future. I ran from the battle with Sailor Chaos leaving everything behind. All the bloodshed... The long gruesome battles... Sailor Chaos is so big and powerful. There is no way of winning by conventional means. Even if he is defeated, even if I obtain peace again, the damage and sacrifice made for it will be too great. I didn't know what was right and wrong. Every time I thought about it I remember the battle here. If I destroyed the Cauldron back then... would there be anymore suffering?"

Sailor Cosmos then goes on to say, and this is the telling part.

"I had so many regrets so I came back to do everything over. My self here was alone and suffering too. That is why I kept close and supported her (indicating sailor moon) To help her make the right choice."

In the first part she says she remembers this battle in the cauldron. Not she heard about it, or knew about it, but she remembered it. To remember something you have to be there and witness it first hand. She clearly isn't any of the inner or outer senshi. she clearly isn't one of Rini's senshi. She looks like Bunny and Rini. But then she indicates in that second section that her previous self was Sailor Moon.

So I am going to have to say that based on the conversation that Cosmos has with Rini's Senshi, That she is not just a future form of Sailor Moon, but she is Sailor Moon in an older form.

It was already established that people of the Moon Kingdom have an abnormally long lifespan and that it is so long people of earth once worshiped Queen Serenity as a Goddess. She could be Sailor Moon at around the age of 2000 or even older. I mean, Rini is 900 and she only lookes around 9 or 10. So I would venture to say that Sailor Cosmos is a more jaded and cynical form of Sailor Moon.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games