Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Gods

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evorg

Dangerous Phantom

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:32 am
I didn't see this anywhere so i decided to bring it up. Do any of you belive in gods? I don't mean just one god, but i'm talking the gods of old and such.
Do any of you belive in them? If no, why. If yes, why and which ones do you belive in?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 am
No, I do not believe in many gods, there are two reasons for this.
I am a Christian.
If there were more than one, we get a good example of what the world would be like from Greek and Roman mythology. We don't have random people turning into birds do we? The Greek and Roman gods were so flawed, they were like a bunch of normal rulers who happened to have a bit better powers than humans. I just wouldn't be able to believe in lots of them, it doesn't seem...right. Idols. ;P  

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

deathmonk00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:51 am
yes, i do believe in the gods of old. norse and greek mythology is something of a truth to me. myths are just a collection of truths that the world feels it has grown past, but in reality it is because of them that they have grown. i believe that there is one supreme being/entity and many, and i mean many, dieties who posses different aspects of the supreme one. now, over time, these dieties do fal away from existence, but others pop up in their place.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:38 am
If the world was honestly ruled by Roman or Greek gods, then I am sorry. -.- They are all like Eastenders or My Name is Earl, marrying your sister, having an affair with your daughters lover.  

Mysterious Green Rabbit

Dapper Genius

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ghostlyvampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 am
i dont believe but i FAVOR the egyption gods.... espcially anubis lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:36 pm
Lysera Devoncroix
If the world was honestly ruled by Roman or Greek gods, then I am sorry. -.- They are all like Eastenders or My Name is Earl, marrying your sister, having an affair with your daughters lover.

thats not really a good reason to discount there existance. there are real people who do those things today. here's a question for you. if there is one true God as explained by the christian bible then how flawed is he? he's a god of limitless power and controls everything but yet allows natural disasters to kill hundreds of thousands, his followers were allowed to commit travesties in his name aka the Burning Times, and even the bible itself is full of contradictions when it comes to describing the nature of god. even more unfortunate is the lack of knowledge that most modern christians have of their own religion.  

Elfshaman

deadtothecold
Crew
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm
Lysera Devoncroix
No, I do not believe in many gods, there are two reasons for this.
I am a Christian.
If there were more than one, we get a good example of what the world would be like from Greek and Roman mythology. We don't have random people turning into birds do we? The Greek and Roman gods were so flawed, they were like a bunch of normal rulers who happened to have a bit better powers than humans. I just wouldn't be able to believe in lots of them, it doesn't seem...right. Idols. ;P
Yes they were flawed but that's what made them more beleivible, unlike the christian god who is portreyed as "perfect".  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games