Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Whats a difference?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M o o k i e s M u f f i n

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 am
Isnt paint like something just like painting and drawing? And isnt Photoshop more advance more?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 pm
Correct Panda
Isnt paint like something just like painting and drawing? And isnt Photoshop more advance more?

Paint is a microsoft included application used in almost all Windows. It isn't for painting, but a fun application when ever a person was bored and wanted to scribble. In some recent time though, there has been a few people to create amazing pieces of art and amazes the community of digital artist around the world. (http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/top-5-ms-paint-masterpieces) Paint has a ton of limitations as the professional industry products we see and hear today.

Photoshop is a standard editing program Graphic Artist use for web design and photo editing. It was not intended for Digitial Artist, but since the brush custom settings were brought out, people began to make actual art that resemble as a person was to draw or paint on a piece of paper or canvas. Photoshop has many plug-ins and filters to make a more unique type of art that people find interesting and reference from, example abstract work. Not only that but it can speed up your own work if you know what plug-ins and filters do what. Photoshop has its limits too, but people and the industry has been using it alot more since more features for artist has been released recently.

The real simulation of drawing and painting would be Corel Painter. I do not have experience in real tools in other than digital tools. But if you understand how a brush mixes with colors and know how brushes can effect a pencil marking and so on. Than this program is for you. I am warning you though, it is extremely advance with a lot of settings, which is why most people go back to photoshop because of its simple brush settings.

So there you go. mrgreen  

Angry Sofa

Gaian

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas