Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Obama are you sick of him? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think obama will do about north korea and Iran
  do you think he will declare war? with North Korea
View Results

pheonix19330

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 am
what you said makes sence. but the stimulus packages are just, there isnt even a word for it. during the election he said that he was gonna lower our taxes which i new was a bunch of crap anyway but now hes messing with the helthcare too. frankly i think hes gonna damage this country so bad that the next president is gonna have nightmares about it!!!!! and making us, well not us but our parents, pay for other people to have abortions is just wrong!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:03 am
o and what is the deal with north korea? i haven't read about i much and Lord Bitememan seems to know what hes talking about.  

pheonix19330

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 am
The stimulus package was good for two reasons if you're a Republican. First, it gave the Democrats full ownership of the economy. Imagine if we were facing 2010 with the Democrats not having taken such bold action with such sweeping promises? Obama seriously could have ridden a full two years without any major policy on the subject, and he could have played "blame Bush" effectively through the midterms. Such a decisive action, so early, and on the backs almost solely of the Democrats means they paid $700 billion for ownership of the economic condition of this nation. Second, they bought a failing economy. This stimulus has not worked, and by all estimates probably won't. The Dems are already asking for another one, and the public is dead set against it.

Frankly, this overly ambitious agenda is a good thing. I'm a fan of "give them enough rope" politics. Let them enact their agenda, or try at least, and receive all the scorn of the public for doing so. Obama is already facing open revolt from the blue dogs over cap and trade and health care. A new stimulus is dead on arrival. This has taken its toll on Obama too. Ramussen, the only poll I trust, shows that Obama's peak polling performance was 65% approval on Jan. 21. His highest approval index (the spread of strongly approve minus strongly disapprove) was a +30% the next day. Today his approval sits at 51%, and has gone as low as 50% with a peak of 49% disapproval. His approval index today is at -6%, and has been as low as -8%. His agenda is taking a toll on his approval ratings, and heading into the midterms that will cost his party greatly, particularly with all the state houses and governorships they control that will pay the price. That means that, where it counts, we will win big since this election will decide the redistricting of the 2010 census. 9 seats will shift from blue states to red states (2008 red, total grows if you go by 2000 red), and they're all coming out of blue states. That means if we do well in 2010, we gain 9 house seats in 2012.

As for North Korea, they mounted a huge challenge to Obama, but it seems to have been driven mainly to shore up confidence in Kim Jong Il's failing health. Obama hasn't had a strong response, and I suspect he will either give in to a number of demands to try and assuage N. K., or we will see N. K. develop delivery capacity for its nukes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:36 pm
Obama is too much of a pacifist to declare war. not since Jimmy Carter has there been such a pacifist liberal in the white house  

Gene Karabiner

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 pm
Can you provide some examples of his pacifism? By that I mean can you name some instances where the US would have gone to war where Mr. Obama has opted for non-violent action?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff