Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
The ds isn't used nearly to it's full potential.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 am
Now, just so ya know, I don't judge games by graphics and voicework. There are many great games that lack voice acting and don't have good graphics.

But they do help, and I would like to see more voice acting on the ds now that it's been proven it can handle it, with Final fantasy iv ds and the spider-man games. (why didn't star fox have voice acting?)

But what REALLY blew me away is this: Kingdom hearts 358/2 days

Now, the voiced cutscenes and aweome graphics are likely quite limited. But from what I see, even the gameplay looks hardly different from the ps2 games. But it showed little of that in the trailer. But those cinamatics look exacly like the PS2 games, and fully voiced.

Discuss: The new awesome looking (Both literally, and the overall "awesomeness" of Kingdom hearts)
and: Why do you think other companies don't put awesome graphics like this and voicework in their games? Do you think they should?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 am
Because the video game industry is currently full of half-assed unimaginative bastards who are only in this for the money. It is currently very easy to make billions of dollars by releasing a poor quality game that's from a "safe" franchise such as Mario, Halo, Zelda or sell casual games who has the true gaming value of a roughly quarter of pong. Now I do not hate them for this as they're doing exactly what a good company should but as it stands, making a high-quality top of the line game is only necessary about every decade to jump-start a new franchise to supplement the huge bags of cash they rake in on their other franchises. In short, although games such as this with high quality presentation and great gameplay and story are great the money comes from making as many games as possible from franchises that people already believe in.  

nerdyninja

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:12 am
i could be possible they aren't using the full power so that the DS life span lasts longer.

just saying as an example, if i overclocked my entire computer, to within its normal safe limits, it would shorten its own lifespan by 2 years or so. i still have my original DS from when it first came out, and it runs like new.

also it could be developers think kinda lowly on the DS, but maybe with the DSi they'll think of new creative things.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:26 am
The trailer was deceiving. Most of it was made up of cinematics, which DO look very impressive and surprise me with their full voice-acting. Did you ever see the GBA KH game? It had some amazing cutscenes for the handheld, too. A lot of Square-Enix games that are on the DS have very fancy and good-looking cutscenes.

The gameplay portion of the trailer made the screens very tiny, and from far away you can't see much detail. In still images it looks less impressive, but developers are always learning new things about how to make games look better with limited technology. It's the same reason that launch games never look like the games at the end of a console's lifespan.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am
Fish, you gotta check out some other videos for the gameplay. It looks really good. I kinda have to agree with Bongardo, although I might have worded it differently. I remember when I first saw videos of what they were planning to do on the DS, the idea of a 3D handheld was what sold me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am
Meta_Fish
The trailer was deceiving. Most of it was made up of cinematics, which DO look very impressive and surprise me with their full voice-acting. Did you ever see the GBA KH game? It had some amazing cutscenes for the handheld, too. A lot of Square-Enix games that are on the DS have very fancy and good-looking cutscenes.

The gameplay portion of the trailer made the screens very tiny, and from far away you can't see much detail. In still images it looks less impressive, but developers are always learning new things about how to make games look better with limited technology. It's the same reason that launch games never look like the games at the end of a console's lifespan.
Yeah, The gameplay probably doesn't look quite as good as the best cinamatics, and there are probably a lot of text scenes too.

But in the chain of memeries, there were very few of the amazing cinamatics, and it did not fill the trailer with them, like in this. They probably could have decieved people by making it look like it has more then it does, but they showed a lot of text and gameplay scenes. and really made a boring trailer too though confused It's here

Like, did you play Final Fantasy IV for DS? That really surprised me with the amount of voicework it had. the graphics, while not nearly as amazing as this, looks impressive too. I also kinda doubt they will go more for awesome graphics then voice acting. This is probably what the voiced scenes will look like, and there will probably be about as much as there were in FF4.

But Maybe not, I don't know. Quite excited to find out though...
But either way I will probably enjoy it a lot as long as the gameplay is more to the style as the PS2 games then the GBA one, I did not like that card system...

EDIT: Yeah, I checked out some close up gameplay footage. It looks great. Like I said, not AS amazing as the cutscenes and PS2 games, but hey, It's DS This is pretty amazing: Check it out  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Le Chapeau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 am
Avalon Code had beautiful cutscenes and wonderful voice acting in the majority of the scenes.

As well as fabulous real-time gameplay.
> 3>

I forget the publisher of it though. It wasn't Square-Enix...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 pm
Le Chapeau
Avalon Code had beautiful cutscenes and wonderful voice acting in the majority of the scenes.

As well as fabulous real-time gameplay.
> 3>

I forget the publisher of it though. It wasn't Square-Enix...
I see, but it did have the same devopment team as the Final Fantasy iii and iv remakes aparently...
But the company is matrix software....

I got that info from gamespot.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas