CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 am
that is my question... 3nodding

My disk reader fully 100% bit the dust when it comes to reading any wii game. Gamecube games work fine. So now I essentially own a game cube 2.0, and cringe at the thought of a long wait for repairs. So should I'm thinking of going all out and pimping up this wii.

Orange repaint and change the lights to a green. Then stock up on sd cards, gamecube controllers. Download and install that fangled "Banner Bomb" hack and have a good time playing N64, Gamecube, and otherpast nintendo console games. I also discussed with my siblings there's a way too boot up wii games from an SD card is that true? o.o

Your thoughts or suggestions on this manner? (please move if this is in the inappropiate forum thanks ^^; )  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am
I recently installed the Homebrew Channel. It is awesome. Oh, by the way, if you think you're gonna have a good time playing N64 games on your Wii with Wii64 think again. That thing is still a work in progress, and as a result is pretty dodgy. I'm looking forward to it being finished though. 3nodding And Wii games from an SD card? I sure hope you can. *Googles it*  

Super Cheesio

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:54 am
That'll be worried last,recolored and equipment collection is needed first hand  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 am
Well, if you mod it, at least you can enjoy those Wii games via your SD card, and you also get a load of other functions too.

BUT, there's also the risk of you turning your Wii into a portable EMP that fully knocks out all wireless internet routers within a 20 metre radius whenever it's plugged in (happened to me, and I didn't even ask for my Wii to be modded).  

Michi is a cat

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 am
kakarikosheikah
Well, if you mod it, at least you can enjoy those Wii games via your SD card, and you also get a load of other functions too.

BUT, there's also the risk of you turning your Wii into a portable EMP that fully knocks out all wireless internet routers within a 20 metre radius whenever it's plugged in (happened to me, and I didn't even ask for my Wii to be modded).
How?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:21 pm
I've had the Homebrew Channel for about six months, and is absolutely awesome, though I currently only use it for Game Boy and Genesis emulators and ScummVM so far. However, I don't believe there's any way to load Wii games off an SD card. From what I understand, most Wii games are 1-3 GB, so even if such a thing does exist, unless you get a super high capacity SDHC card you might as well still be changing discs.

However, there is a hack I heard about pretty recently that allows you to copy your games to an external hard drive and boot them from there. Here's everything I know about that.

http://kotaku.com/5269365/store-and-run-your-wii-games-on-a-hard-drive
http://lifehacker.com/5263589/back-up-and-play-your-wii-games-from-an-external-hard-drive
http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connect-wii-usb-hard-drive.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAryYXB1wFE

Best of luck to you.  

GuruGuru214

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm
yeah that'd probably be the best thing to do, i still need to pull my Wii apart again when i have some alone time, then i can show you where all the screws are, if your gonna do it yourself. most were actually well hidden.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:26 am
Super Cheesio
kakarikosheikah

How?

I heard there was a mod that enabled Wii games downloaded onto an SD card to be played via a hacked Twilight Princess save file. I'm not sure how, though because I never tried it. But, this essentially cuts out the disk drive from the gameplay process, thus solving your problem (illegally). You'll need a lot of high capacity SD cards for this.  

Michi is a cat

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:56 am
kakarikosheikah
Super Cheesio
kakarikosheikah

How?

I heard there was a mod that enabled Wii games downloaded onto an SD card to be played via a hacked Twilight Princess save file. I'm not sure how, though because I never tried it. But, this essentially cuts out the disk drive from the gameplay process, thus solving your problem (illegally). You'll need a lot of high capacity SD cards for this.

They fixed that means of hacking. The newest fool proof plan is something to do with nintendos lack of Brawl's lack of online commitment to almost everything. Lv creator is involved.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games