Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The Different Kind of Corset help/advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elf_Goddess_Isabel

Heroic Hellraiser

17,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 am
The title of this topic is: The Different Kind of Corset help/advice.

I bought a corset pattern and I was thinking of using black trash bags to make it. Innovation. But I was wondering what you guys think. She I use black thread? Fishing string? Duck Tape?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:22 pm
Unless you reinforce it somehow, any type of stitching is going to just perforate it and make it easier to tear. Corsets, by nature, are garments that are under heavy stress and need to be made out of sturdy stuff.
Consider making the corset using normal materials and then adding the trashbag material to the top. That way you get the look you want and the corset will still work as a corset.  

Trinity Quinn

Profitable Tycoon

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:09 am
Mren Farfinder
Unless you reinforce it somehow, any type of stitching is going to just perforate it and make it easier to tear. Corsets, by nature, are garments that are under heavy stress and need to be made out of sturdy stuff.
Consider making the corset using normal materials and then adding the trashbag material to the top. That way you get the look you want and the corset will still work as a corset.
I have to strongly second this motion. Also, have you put any thought into what you'll use as boning?  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games