Welcome to Gaia! ::

GRAPHITE

Back to Guilds

Find your light through Graphite. A guild for any artist, author, critic, and/or idealist. 

Tags: graphite, artists, writing, poetry, criticism 

Reply General Discussion
What is Art?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXIcyMizuXx
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:41 pm
What do u think WATS ART??^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:26 pm
Art is emotion. Purely that, I do believe. Because without emotion, what's really the point to create? Even without any emotion at all in a writing, a musical piece, a theatrical act, or a drawing...there's still emotion...emptiness, loneliness, apathy. Art is life...therefore art must be emotion.  

Alectix
Captain

Spreading The Word
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 pm
Art is anything beautiful.

It's filled with life and inspiration. And because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that is a reason everyone has different opinions of art. When some look at art, they might see scribbles. When I look at art, I see the inside workings of a persons mind. How they view the world.

To me, that's what art is. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:34 pm
From the... less-fluffy perspective, art is a product either tangible or intangible created with the purpose of evoking an emotional response and/or relaying a message.
Art can be both utilitarian and frivolous in nature.

To a degree, everything created contains 'art'.
For example: a Dixie cup.
Someone designed the pattern and chose the colors that adorn its flimsy sides.  

Netaliya

Lucky Cat

burrito sama

Tasty Scamp

17,675 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Crack Shot 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:48 pm
this question is beyond the scope of my philosophical undertaking. To me art is everything and nothing, creation and destruction, art is and thus is not.

....basically....it's indefinable. Try as you might....you can never contain art in a definition.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 pm
I would like to say Art is a doorway into it's creators mind  

WolfMoonDesires

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200

xXIcyMizuXx
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 pm
Griever Pheonix
this question is beyond the scope of my philosophical undertaking. To me art is everything and nothing, creation and destruction, art is and thus is not.

....basically....it's indefinable. Try as you might....you can never contain art in a definition.

that a good definition very oxymoronic n yet very paradoxical
i luv that!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 pm
Alectix
Art is emotion. Purely that, I do believe. Because without emotion, what's really the point to create? Even without any emotion at all in a writing, a musical piece, a theatrical act, or a drawing...there's still emotion...emptiness, loneliness, apathy. Art is life...therefore art must be emotion.

thats good discriptive definition !! luv it!!^^  

xXIcyMizuXx
Crew

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas