Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
www.erowid.org Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychedelic Pyscho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 am
PsychedelicDreams
Astaru
Kind of pathetic that nicotine is legal when other drugs like marijuana stay illegal.

I completely agree.
It is tough, though. Because the government can regulate alcohol in ways unlike marijuana. While, sure, people do make their own "moonshine" and whatnot, that percentage is very low, compared to the percentage of those who grow their own marijuana plants and/or buy them off the black market. The government simply cannot control it. And as we all know: The Man likes power.

There IS the question of a Marijuana tax in the air among supporters of a marijuana legalization bill. And again, people will hide it, and the whole ordeal will be incredibly sketchy.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the legalization of it. mrgreen

moonshine, i have tried and it smells kinda good and it'll get to you if you don't drink that shot that's served to you. XD But other than that 1 shot and for me, I'll get drunk.

And growing, I did attempt that and the dirt I grew it in make it pop out really quick. and had to get rid of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:49 am
Here's how I see it, if the Government legalizes Marijuana, it will be good for America in the long run because they can tax it and the people who sell it which would get our economy up in a shot since marijuana is very popular in America.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:46 pm
PsychedelicDreams
Astaru
Kind of pathetic that nicotine is legal when other drugs like marijuana stay illegal.

I completely agree.
It is tough, though. Because the government can regulate alcohol in ways unlike marijuana. While, sure, people do make their own "moonshine" and whatnot, that percentage is very low, compared to the percentage of those who grow their own marijuana plants and/or buy them off the black market. The government simply cannot control it. And as we all know: The Man likes power.

There IS the question of a Marijuana tax in the air among supporters of a marijuana legalization bill. And again, people will hide it, and the whole ordeal will be incredibly sketchy.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the legalization of it. mrgreen
Our government would be foolish not to support legalization. The tax will bring more revenue allowing our country to reduce the overall deficit. Legalization will also allow a huge reduction on billions of dollars spent on the war against drugs and reduce stress on our prison/jail system.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am
Less crime, less war, more money to our economy. It would help a whole lot.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm
But of course there are more illegal drugs I've tried that will never be legalized. MDMA (Ecstasy) for example, everything was bliss when I tried that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:09 am
Astaru
But of course there are more illegal drugs I've tried that will never be legalized. MDMA (Ecstasy) for example, everything was bliss when I tried that.

Don't be so sure. It was legal once upon a time. It could happen again. And I totally agree with the legalization and taxation of marijuana. Though the question of regulating it would be tough...  

capn crunk

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:54 pm
capn crunk
Astaru

Don't be so sure. It was legal once upon a time. It could happen again. And I totally agree with the legalization and taxation of marijuana. Though the question of regulating it would be tough...
Almost every drug is legal when it first hits the street. It's only after widespread abuse occurs that it is made illegal. Salvia, for example, remains legal due to the fact that not too many people abuse it and the drug itself hasn't been researched extensively. Salvia sure is a strange drug, thankfully the psychedelic effects don't last that long.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Duuuude, and we would have less "criminals" in jail.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
Duuuude, and we would have less "criminals" in jail.
Yes, but some drugs, no matter how great they make you feel, have the potential for abuse and adverse health affects. There was a good reason I only did ecstasy once, abuse of the drug can lead to depression and suicidal tendencies.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am
User Image

I'm not a drug person. I'm so paranoid already that I'd just go into panic attacks or something. lol

I support Marijuana if the user knows what they are doing instead of, 'OMG I SMOKE POT IM SO COOL BLAH BLAH' I support it for its uses, not to get high. 3nodding

User Image

Captain Fagbox

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 pm
Captain Fagbox
User Image

I'm not a drug person. I'm so paranoid already that I'd just go into panic attacks or something. lol

I support Marijuana if the user knows what they are doing instead of, 'OMG I SMOKE POT IM SO COOL BLAH BLAH' I support it for its uses, not to get high. 3nodding

User Image

I am always constantly paranoid.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas