Reply General Disscusion
Furry Definition?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphina_Skye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:32 pm
So, I've noticed that there's a lot of different kinds of furries about really - and there seems to be quite a bit of conflict between the idea of what a furry really should be considered as at times.

I wondered as a result of that, how do the rest of you really define a furry? Should only people who go as far as fur suits and conventions be considered 'real' furries, or could that term apply to others who are more in it for the character design (be that sexually or otherwise) or out of interest in anthropomorphic characters in general, involving non-human combinations other than animals?

(I thought I should post -something- out here as the forum seems kinda empty lately.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 am
well that all well and good

but my definition of a furry is some one who has the mind set of being a animal you dont need a fursuit to be a furry thats just for fandom actually
its more of a symbol  

Kagai Animaru

pink_sparkles_20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:06 pm
I think an interest in the fandom is essential (obviously) and a sort of feeling of putting yourself or how you want to be into your fursona, an extension of yourself but as anthropomorphic. Fur suits and conventions aren't needed but can be quite fun I suppose ^^ Not had the oppotunity to try it myself yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am
Well I feel it's quite simple. If you consider yourself a furry your a furry. If you don't then your not.  

Lazerwuf

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

gamerkitty87

11,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 pm
i think a furrie is someone who likes one certain animal alot and has a connection with it and well sometimes just some furries are attracted to that animal when it looks like human form heart look at my gallery of favorite pics you'll know what i mean lolz hehe well thats what i think the definition is  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm
A furry is someone who is a fan of anthropomorphic media. Feeling you are an animal inside, you were supposed to be born an animal, ect. is otherkin. Fursuiting and conventions are different aspects of the fandom, but not mandatory. People often confuse these things.  

Peter Nightshade

xx_Misericordea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 pm
or you can accept me being silly instead of being serious, but a furry is a person dressed up in a mascot of animal intending to have sexual intercouse with another person in a mascot.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:34 am
Dis is an interesting way to 'splain a furry:
here are 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJWRO-2epQw
(good sng, hrd to hear info)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrg9KhJbl0w
(ok song, ok info)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAJ_6ByEgeU&feature=related
(the beginning needs to go away, its annoying, but otherwise, good song, good info)

hope these help, its interesting hw he explains a furry, in a beat lolz.  

Kairoo_Dragonfox

Korel542

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm
A furry is someone who is a fan of anything related anthropomorphic animals. The fandom of a person can vary, from wearing fursuits, wanting to be an anthropomorph, having fun, having sexual attraction towards them, or just loving their sheer cuteness! ^^
The last one was kinda biased, I will admit. whee  
General Disscusion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff