Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
IT'S the traditional whatcha makin for the holidays thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 am
I knit for people I know will appreciate it. So I'm making a hat for my mom and my grandma, and a scarf for my cousin. I'm just waiting on some of the yarn for those projects... I hope it ships out soon. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:39 am
It would be easier to get stuff done if my mom would stop holding my sewing machine hostage! crying

Good thing my sister got her one for Christmas. ^_^  

PiercedPrincess

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:47 pm
PiercedPrincess
It would be easier to get stuff done if my mom would stop holding my sewing machine hostage! crying

Maybe your sis should give it to her early. ^_~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:48 pm
I'm making a quilt and I've made about 70 domino necklaces. Going to try to sell some at a bazaar this weekend and what's left will be pressies and stock for next year!  

QueenBea

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:31 am
Lets see... (these are all knit btw)

Sweater for Dad - check
Sweater for guy friend - check
Earwarmers for boyfriend - check
Cell phone cozy for girl friend - check
Cardigan for great-aunt - check
Cat hats for England friends - both check, better ship them soon
Poncho for another girl friend - bout a third of the way done
Sweater for boyfriend - dont think he expects it to be for christmas but id like it to be
"Fur" wrap for mom (I LOVE bernat's disco, it even comes in her favorite shade of teal) - check, it only took me just over two days

Then I have two or three January birthdays to make hats for, a commissioned scarf, and finally - a slew of projects that I want!! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:22 am
ScribblerChrislea
PiercedPrincess

I wish... but that would probably make my mom mad. She's so traditional about Christmas. ^_^ It will be nice to have my machine back though. She borrowed it "for a few days" in July!  

PiercedPrincess

Moira Nazumi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 am
Moira Nazumi
Wow, so this hasn't been done yet? wink I'll step into the breach.

I have many various and sundry projects for holiday presents. For my mom I am making a sewing armrest holder. It's got a pincushion, a big pocket for patterns and sissors and such. It's a McCalls pattern, don't remember the number though. For a roommate, i found online a pattern for crochet juggling balls. Already have the yarn and navy beans. Additionally I think I'll be beading some necklaces, maybe making some bags etc. Just all around fun.

edit: oh yea, and a pair of curtains for roommate (perfect fabric for him, so just have to) and curtains for self... Maybe some laundry room organizers for mother in law to be and my own mom...

So, what might people be making for the holidys?

Few, finally finished the armchair caddy for my mom last night. Mucho handsewing needed since my machine wouldn't get through all the thicknesses. Atleast I like handsewing. Havn't had the chance to do much with anything else. I have the pattern cut for a hat, and the patterns printed for pouches for books. (little book bags to keep books safe for my reading friends). Have yet to start on the juggling balls or the curtains cause my roomie is often home...

Need a visit from the magic time faerie... Hopefully I can get the new job I'm interviewing for tomorrow so I'm not working at night anymore.

Oh well, still 11 days to go...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:37 am
PiercedPrincess
ScribblerChrislea
PiercedPrincess

I wish... but that would probably make my mom mad. She's so traditional about Christmas. ^_^ It will be nice to have my machine back though. She borrowed it "for a few days" in July!
well tell her you need it back, and when she asks why, be like "You shouldn't ask such questions this time of year!" Thats the code we use in my family to NOT look somewhere around Christmas or birthdays.  

gemini6184

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces