Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:02 am
as the title says, i'm replacing my DSi, the reason is because the R button has become very unresponsive, usually, i would be fine and keep the DS, but unfortunatly, the games i play most are Megaman ZX, ZX Advent, and Super Mario 64 DS. all of which use the R button for important stuff (ZX and ZX:A use it for secondary fire, and Mario 64 uses it to crouch)

as it is, i have a Gamestation warranty on it, so im gonna trade it in for a black one at no extra cost. the only problem is, the manual and such doesnt make it clear on whether my Downloaded games are recoverable. i know that you can transfer over internet settings from one DSi to another, and that i can set up my club Nintendo account on the new one, but i have Warioware Snapped, the Animal Crossing Clock, and 300 points currently on there and dont know if putting my account settings on a new DSi will allow me to redownload them. i know from the manual that games cant be transfered between DSi's over SD Card btw.

also, what about the 1000 points promotion? is that still going? (if so, then i can just get 1000 new points, buy warioware, and have the other 500 for myself (animal crossing clock is cool, but pointless))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 am
If you can switch the records of what you've purchased in the shop to the new DS it should act just like the Wii. Meaning you can delete and redownload the game repeatedly at no charge.  

Diablo Helios

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm
Whoa. You bought the Animal Crossing clock? Really?!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:54 pm
I'm not sure that you can do this or how you would be even able to. You could try contacting Nintendo (I'd recommend by phone for a speedy response) to find out. But if you don't really want the Animal Crossing Clock, then there's not much of a point.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:07 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Whoa. You bought the Animal Crossing clock? Really?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm
well, i thought there was more to the clock. there isnt. it is literally a clock with a town tune, and you have to have the app on for it to work, so it doesnt load if your on menu if you have an alarm programmed, all in all, it's kinda crap.

even so, i will still be losing 300 points, and Warioware, which is still a fun gimmick... and far as i know, the only way to transfer internet settings is to have both DSi's next to each other, and i think that only copies what routers you have installed, rather than Shop lists or anything...

anyway, thanks fish, will give nintendo a ring 1st.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

namex

Demonic Hellraiser

9,100 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Can't you just rebuy the things in the shop because you get 1000 points to start out with... so that should help...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:13 pm
I would suggest wait until the new DSi colors come out. The new colors are rumoredly White, Red, Yellow, and Navy blue.  

SlashFighter1988

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff