Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

felix45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:01 pm
ok, some tips for noobs.

1 - start off boost
right as the 2 begins to fade away hold down the gas, you will learn the timing if you practice it a bit

2 - drifting
to drift, jump and hold in a direction to take sharper corners

3 - drift boosting
while drifting, press back and forth on the d pad till the sparks behind your kart turn orange, then let go whenever you want for a small boost.

4 - drafting
when behind an opponent, if you stay directly behind them you get a small speed boost because they take away the air resistince

5 - draft boosting
if you stay behind an opponent long enough, you get a small boost that cuts all air resistance for a few seconds

well, those are most of the techniques. I suggest playing 50cc and trying them all out.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:44 pm
Ah. I've had trouble with rocket boosting, hopefully this'll help.

Thanks!  

G a m e O v e r

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:58 pm
I call the boost you get from driving behind another 'slipstream', cause I like Star Trek.
And aren't you supposed to move left and right to create a drift boost?

A good hint would be to drift a lot and try to get as much drift boosts as possible. Drift boosts aren't as effective as a mushroom, but they're worth missing an item box or two for the extra speed. When drifting, make as small corners as possible, small corners = short distance = less time.
Anyone who's played MK biggrin D will know about drifting, though.

Has anyone found an actual use to hopping besides making big leaps off bumps?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:43 pm
I've been wondering about boosting...Thanks!  

Sakana_Izumi

Tina hates you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:32 am
I've found an easier way to get the starting boost is to listen instead of watch, accelorate just after you hear the second tone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:49 pm
Is 'drafting' and 'draft boosting' when you get all those blue lines around you while racing?
I was wondering what that was.  

Die_cucco

LoudKid

Distinct Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:44 pm
Actually, for the start-off boost...it's a lot easier to rev up at the start of the count-down, hold it 'till the 1 starts to dissappear, then, as soon as it does, let go for a split-second, and then hold it again...but it still takes practice to get the timing right... domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:47 pm
Oh, and a fun glitch: In the GBA course 'Bowser's Castle 2' on the first field of jumps, if you aim just right you can land on one of the low walls, and keep driving...It's just 'cause of the way they designed the Karts' movement that your wheels don't need to be touching.  

LoudKid

Distinct Phantom

Zerith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:00 pm
I was always wondering how to do the boosting.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:47 pm
Bodewyn

Has anyone found an actual use to hopping besides making big leaps off bumps?

yes, you can blue shell dodge if you jump and drift boost around a corner perfectly. search google video to find people doing a blue shell dodge, it's hard to explain really.

also, you can take huge short cuts if you jump at the right time on certain levels in certain spots. and one more thing, you can also jump through dirt/grass on some levels where you would normaly use a shroom and end up going faster than going around a corner.

so there are pleanty of uses for the jump. Oh, and on luigi's level where there are puddles you can jump over those. and I think (not sure) you can jump over bannanas. I know you can if you are going down a slope, I do that a lot. not sure on a flat plain though.  

felix45

Bodewyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:24 pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8490612227816361375&q=blue+shell+dodging&pl=true

Too bad it's so incredibly blurry... I should totally try that sometime. o.o  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:28 pm
Bodewyn
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8490612227816361375&q=blue+shell+dodging&pl=true

Too bad it's so incredibly blurry... I should totally try that sometime. o.o
Indeed.  

G a m e O v e r

Wi-Fi Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas