Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Can people be physcic only to certain things?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 am
Okay so I'm sorta physcic.Why sorta?I can only see certain videogames I'm gonna buy in the near future.Silly right?Well here's what my dreams have been about so far.

Final Fantasy 12:I was on the beach in some mage clothes and such.I was standing inbetween some old ruins.And after a while some gold attack birds began to attack me.When I finally played FF12 when I reach Phon Coast I found exactly that place.And I had to fight birds in gold armor.

Xenosaga Episode One:I was walking down this long catwalk above what looked like a staorage facility.Then I saw this large orange-yellow object with a large teal gem in the center.When my brother brought me the game that's exactly one of the scenes only with the main character Shion.

So...why am I only physcic with games?Is it because I've always had a connection with them?

I've had dreams about natural disasters but I know those wouldn't happen though.Most were to weird((black tornado appearing oout of an orange evening sky,a bunch of hot springs erupting lava after my parents had sex and a bunch of other weird things))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:22 pm
Normally I would say something about how ridiculous this premise is, and that you're no doubt retroactively defining what was a very vague dream as being something concrete and definite once whatever you predicted "came true". However, I've had Ridiculous Precognition too, and it really does push me towards becoming Discordian. If I were to give you advice, it would be to keep quiet about it, or we'll have to join the Brotherhood of Dada.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:12 am
Perhaps you saw preview of the game, didn't bother to think about it and thus forgot it, but your subconscious replayed it in your dream. It's quite possible that this is what happened.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

Or maybe, like Mitsh started to get at, you had dreamed something similar to the game, and made a connection between the two.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:24 am
To take a totally different approach, sometimes we set ourselves up with self-doubt. You could be having precog with video games because it's not a big deal to you if you have it over video games, you may even ignore it because it's dumb, right? Your mind could be preventing you from having what you consider meaningful precog because you either might be bothered by it or (the more likely) you don't think that you can. Self-doubt is our worst enemy. Precognition is precognition, regardless of it being over a video game. I usually have it happen through dreams, sometimes it's over something important, sometimes it's over something dumb. My grandma, who was this oldschool slav, used to tell me that those deja vu-ish moments are telling us we are on the right path. Have you tried strengthening your abilites? You can do this with meditation, tarot cards, energy work; really whatever your comfortable with. After you do it for awhile, see if you get visions of more than videogames. 3nodding  

Alkhemi

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:54 pm
Magus Young
Perhaps you saw preview of the game, didn't bother to think about it and thus forgot it, but your subconscious replayed it in your dream. It's quite possible that this is what happened.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

Or maybe, like Mitsh started to get at, you had dreamed something similar to the game, and made a connection between the two.

Well considerably I haven't evn have seen anything about any games except previews in mags and such but I didn't even see cut outs of the stages.Plus Xenosaga didn't even have any previews or mags about it.And I didn't buy it.My brother gave it to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 pm
Mitsh
Normally I would say something about how ridiculous this premise is, and that you're no doubt retroactively defining what was a very vague dream as being something concrete and definite once whatever you predicted "came true". However, I've had Ridiculous Precognition too, and it really does push me towards becoming Discordian. If I were to give you advice, it would be to keep quiet about it, or we'll have to join the Brotherhood of Dada.

Um...what is the Brotherhood of the Dada?

Considerably I've had five dreams.Those were just the two that stood out in my mind.The other three games are Super Paper mario,Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and I think SoulCalibur 3.  

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:15 pm
if i may be so bold, how much does gaming affect your life?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 am
Marokia
Mitsh

Um...what is the Brotherhood of the Dada?

Considerably I've had five dreams.Those were just the two that stood out in my mind.The other three games are Super Paper mario,Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and I think SoulCalibur 3.

Brotherhood of Dada were a group of supervillains from Grant Morrison's run of the Doom Patrol comics; they believed that their superpowers were so ridiculous that it proved that good and evil were subjective, and they devoted themselves to showing the world that Everything Is Silly.

And, as a random aside: Several years after the last time I managed to predict something, it's happened again. Was thinking about something completely out of the blue last week, and lo and behold, I see it last night, years after ever hearing anything about it.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

BenjaminDaniel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm
I would advise keeping a regular and strict dream journal. Once I started doing that, I could remember up to five dreams a night and I started having "pre-cognition", if that's what you want to call it. I would say mine leaned more towards a great synchronicity. A series of coincidences in time related to one another, better revealed by the sudden ability to pay attention to dreams. Once you start writing them down, the more you remember. No harm in trying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am
If you're an avid gamer, who plays minutes before going to bed, I'd say slow it down to about thirty minutes to an hour before you drift off. You could be experiencing strange visions because you're a little psychic, in which you're in good company, but I'd say you've awakened mostly because your brain's not slowing down in time.

Settle down at the end of your night, and I recommend the journal as BenjaminDaniel said. Maybe it'll sort itself out?  

D_Marx

Marokia

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 pm
D_Marx
If you're an avid gamer, who plays minutes before going to bed, I'd say slow it down to about thirty minutes to an hour before you drift off. You could be experiencing strange visions because you're a little psychic, in which you're in good company, but I'd say you've awakened mostly because your brain's not slowing down in time.

Settle down at the end of your night, and I recommend the journal as BenjaminDaniel said. Maybe it'll sort itself out?

well I don't really play much videogames anymore but I reallt need to though...

I usually always end up playing until I go to bed but the dreams are about games I didn't have not levels in ones that I already have.

Well I have a vivid memory of these dreams so I wouldn't record them because I remember them so well.

But lately I've been getting dreams about my roleplays on gaia and well...People would say I'm nuts at this point...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm
Marokia
D_Marx

well I don't really play much videogames anymore but I reallt need to though...

I usually always end up playing until I go to bed but the dreams are about games I didn't have not levels in ones that I already have.

Well I have a vivid memory of these dreams so I wouldn't record them because I remember them so well.

But lately I've been getting dreams about my roleplays on gaia and well...People would say I'm nuts at this point...

no one is going to say you're nuts i think everyone here is just saying to need to eliminate as many unknown variables as possible. to declare yourself precognitant isnt something you should take lightly so you need to make sure its not something to do with your life habits, thyings you see throughout the day etc. and if you are a precog than a journal is a must. youve got to train your mind to remember dreams better  

Elfshaman

Viscerim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:25 pm
I have the same darn thing happen, but not exclusively with games. As someone suggested, I just take it as a synchronicity; just a friendly reminder that I am still on the right path. Another thought you made me consider just now is that life is a large collection of experiences that we transform into symbols to understand ourselves. While video games are no comparisson to this grand existence, it is still jammed pack with symbols that you are reacting to, so maybe you should slow down and see how you're feeling and what you're thinking when you find a moment like that happening. Maybe your subconscious is highlighting this event for you to pay attention to. It sounds ridiculous, but it's less important what's in front of us than what these things are causing inside of us.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games