Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Question:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Im wondering if its possible to still become an exorcist even tho im female? Im studying the art anyway, but i wanted to ask. And also if anyone thinks that a war is upon us, as far as spiritually? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:02 am
Khafre Giza
Im wondering if its possible to still become an exorcist even tho im female? Im studying the art anyway, but i wanted to ask. And also if anyone thinks that a war is upon us, as far as spiritually? eek

Odd. I didn't see this post when it cropped up. Nonetheless...

You can definitely be a female exorcist, but I'm honestly not sure of the church's stance on this. But you don't need to be Christian to banish ghosties and what have you.

Regarding a supernatural war... I'm reserving my judgment until I see something definitive. While I understand the irony of doing so in regards to a field of study where /nothing/ is definitive, it seems like people have been predicting a Spiritual War for ages, and it never comes.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 pm
how would i go about getting trained in that area then? any ideas are welcome...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 pm
Khafre Giza
how would i go about getting trained in that area then? any ideas are welcome...

are you going for a particular culture/religions ghosts? like do you want to be a christian exorcist? or a japanese one? or a mix of them all?  

erinnightwalker

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:38 am
which ever is more obtainable to be, a mix i suppose...
erinnightwalker
Khafre Giza

are you going for a particular culture/religions ghosts? like do you want to be a christian exorcist? or a japanese one? or a mix of them all?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am
hmmm... then i would say start researching every single culture you can get your hands on. unless you plan on going to particular countries and convincing them that you are a serious student, and then spending the rest of your life learning how to exorcise the spirits in that tradition, i think you might want to research cultures and religions and see how they treat ghosts/spirits. learn the hallmark signs of a ghost/spirit so you know when you find one, and learn how to combat them.

for example, to get rid of an inu-gami (dog demon created in a very inhumane way) you have to find the corpse and the head, give them a proper burial, and give offerings in perpetuity. it becomes a family guardian/spirit. you'd have to know the signs of an inu-gami and be able to tell the family what they have to do.
for a wendigo (manitou type being- not very nice at all, especially compared to other manitou) you have to know that a person "possessed" by one cannot be cured. the only method of escape is to fling your poo at it (i'm not joking people) and run like hell.

granted those are fairly rare, but there are cure-alls for unhappy ghosts and spirits. black beans (burnt by romans, scattered by the chinese), salt, anything regarded as holy in that tradition... being a non-specific exorcist takes time, energy, and a dedication to research. if you've ever watched Angel (this is for illustrative purposes only), then you know there is a reason that one guy was devoted to researching the critters and had a huge axe.  

erinnightwalker

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games