Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Thought About All the Seasons.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

You forget that the entire Negamoon family dies. Emerald dies due to jealousy, Sapphire by Wiseman, and Diamond the same way.

Tomoe doesn't really reform, more like he's cleansed. But I don't remember much of that because it's been so long since I've seen it. I do agree that the Witches 5 die

As for the Dream Saga, I'm pretty sure that Zirconia dies while Nehelania goes back to wherever, since we see her again in the first 4 episodes of Stars. Uhm....I think the quartet reforms in the anime too since they did in the manga, and I think that Fish Eye was close to it. But I dunno, I just know those 3 die (I didn't get to watch much of the SuperS)

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 pm

==========

ANOTHER THOUGHT! xD Though not necassarily about the anime...

Why is it that in every season (or manga volume arc), at least half the villians are named for minerals or precious stones?

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Koi Kogarete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:40 pm
Venombabe

==========

ANOTHER THOUGHT! xD Though not necassarily about the anime...

Why is it that in every season (or manga volume arc), at least half the villians are named for minerals or precious stones?

==========

Naoko Takeuchi had an interest in astronomy, stones/jewels, and mythology, I think. she was just reflecting her interests into the story. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm

==========

I knew she did in mythology and astronomy (ain't it obvious?), but I wasn't sure about the stones and minerals. Maybe it's confirmed somewhere

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Koi Kogarete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 am
Venombabe

==========

I knew she did in mythology and astronomy (ain't it obvious?), but I wasn't sure about the stones and minerals. Maybe it's confirmed somewhere

==========

I saw it mentioned that she had an interest in geology on wikipedia, but I'm like you. I hope I can find a quote or something from naoko. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 pm
It may just be that she likes to have themes for her character creation. all her "good scouts" were named after planets. Their interests were reflected by their astrological signs but they weren't named after their astrological sign. The characters that were astrological signs were minions of Nephrite. The "evil scouts" well all named after animals except for Galaxia.

Nephrite, Kunzite, Zoicite, and Jadeite are all forms of Jade which is a member of the Beryl family of stones. And of course they all served under "Queen Beryl".

Rubeus is obviously Ruby, Esmeralda is the spanish name for Emerald, which is why she is just called Emerald in the english dub. Dimando is of course Diamond. And Sapphire is well, self explanitory. Interestingly Rubies are red Sapphires and are members of the corundum family of stones. Rubies are the only color of sapphire to get their own name. all other sapphires are just "*color* Sapphire".

Emeralds are also Beryls and Diamonds are just carbon. Neither of these two stones are corundums like Sapphire and Ruby. However these four stones make up the four most expensive gem stones in the world. Diamond was the leader because while diamonds are the most common of these four stones, they are usually the most expensive because they are owned by a cartel. They are also the stone most favored by those trying to show off wealth. This also explains why the other stone villians might feel resentment toward having Diamond as their leader. (I would if I were a Ruby or a Sapphire).

She may have had an interest in geology or not. It might just have been an easy theme to build teams around.  

NichiTsukinoko

Illumina Vierge

Benevolent Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:24 pm
Well I just bought the whole series off Ebay so I can watch it all again. After reading the threads, it occurs to me how much I've actually forgotten. XD I'll catch up... promise! heart ninja heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

==========

T'is true Nichi, she did have a theme it seems with each arc. But who knows if she's actually into geology or not *shrugs*

==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Koi Kogarete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm
that was very informative! well, considering the relationships between the minerals, she must have at least researched it a bit. very interesting!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 pm
Well I think any good writer researches different things and ideas and possible avenues for story. If someone is writing a story and they don't have first hand or even second hand knowledge of something it's usually pretty obvious that they don't know what they are talking about.

It's the people who spend the time to research fashion, history, science, and other real factual things that write the best stories.  

NichiTsukinoko

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

==========

We were talking earlier about Naoko's supposed interests in geology and mythology, but what about religion? The only thing that's obvious is the Shinto part since Rei is a priestess, but there are hints at other religions as well

==========

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
o wow i didnt even notice tht! hmmmm maybe they did want to change it....and also it was aired tword older teens or twens so i guess thts what captures the aduience....lol an the sailorstars 1 too was all abt killing i mean almost every1 died at the end ! hmm now tht i think abt i the anime was pretty brutal  

Queen_X_Hearts

Friendly Citizen

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers