Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
New Navigation.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

usaginano

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 pm
So, in regards to the new navigation layout we're going to be getting lets talk about your thoughts, concerns, and suggestions on the subject.

What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?
How helpful do you think it will be in comparison to the current navigation?

And what about guilds? Do you think it will prove helpful to navigating to guilds easier or just another click from getting there instead?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 pm
will reserve judgment until it rolls out.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

usaginano

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:59 pm
My opinion - While I think Gaia is trying to make things visible and easier for people, they're kind of going a step back with the navigation. They removed a lot of links and now I can't find them and I am constantly doing extra searching for things.

It's to a point where I added a few links to the top of Firefox just to navigate the site so I'm not clicking so many times to find something. And now there are some other parts I can't find... last time they moved the trade link, now it's subscriptions, my posts, editing your profile.. and more. It will take awhile for me to get used to the "shortcuts" dropdown. Although I am still curious how I get to edit my profile... still searching.

The color is nice, but the site at the moment is a bit mismatched. And I admire them adding icons next to the links, but we kind of already have that for forums and that other navigation bar above certain areas of the site.

It's just one big confusion. Navigation is supposed to make things easy to find, not hard. Sadly I cannot say I am happy with this change. Cons are beating the pros here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:22 am
It's ugly, impractical, too big and causes epic levels of lag.

Huge step back.

There is no direct 'my guilds' link any more which really sucks as I'm not keen on the guilds landing page (It looks lovely, I just don't like using it ...).

*shakes head* A disappointment.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

usaginano

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 am
I have to add that I actually like the guild landing page directly linked because it shows me the latest posts in guilds, similar to a subscribed list I suppose. -edit- The landing page doesn't display all of my guilds.. but you easily can link to them by clicking 'view details.' Still, more work finding things.

I don't find the images necessary for the navigation as it reminds me of forums.. too bulky.
AND technically we have 2 navigation bars.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 am
What annoys the hell out of me is a lack of direct way of getting to my journal and inventory. As Lar-uuh pointed out, you have to go in a very round about way to get to them now. And since I'm currently house sitting and don't have my gaia toolbars, it's even more annoying.

Other than that, I'm really on the fence so far. I prefer regular drop down menu's, but I also recognize I'm in the minority as far that sort of thing goes. Most people do respond better to picture than to words.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:20 pm
I used to be able to search my guilds. Now I have to flip through the pages of them and look for the guild I want to look at and post in. Relatively annoying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:29 am
surprised Can't say I've ever had that many guilds...  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Well, I have 13, but I'm active in a few of them, so it's kind of difficult figuring out which is on what page, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 am
I really miss the 'My guilds' link ...

as I've said before, I don't like the new landing page for the guilds and I could get around that before by not landing on it.

Now I have no choice.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

usaginano

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:01 am
I've actually been using the Shortcuts dropdown. It's just kinda silly that we have 2 navigations (the second one that doesn't even show up everywhere).

Even though I am semi-used to it it now, there are a lot of things I have to do to go other places, extra work ya know?

And I have to add, as a profile designer I find it lacking to have to renavigate my customers to the 2nd bar to post their theme as well as for coding, it's a bit annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:42 pm
'More' shows less, since the landing pages for some are really useless, and have been for a while. I would have voted to fix those first so that at no point would some navigation be totally lost.

'My guilds' shows a lot and very different information than the Guilds page. It also is the only option for people in many guilds. That bit needs to be fixed.  

LillianSaire

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff