Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Shamanism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXBoogiepop_PhantomXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm
It is a hobby of mine to study different religions. Shamanism has caught my interest. I would just like to know more about the religion. Any information will be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:31 pm
Shamanism isn't a uniform religion, it's a position in the tribes of certain parts of asia. The term was adapted for use to describe similar (but not the same) positions in tribes all over the world. There is no unifying concepts that can link all people who would be described as shamans.

The new-age definition is a bastardization of the ideas of native american medicine men (and women,) and native tribes from other parts of the world. Usually 'take what you want and leave the rest' mentality.  

Nattfodd

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 am
Nattfodd
Shamanism isn't a uniform religion, it's a position in the tribes of certain parts of asia. The term was adapted for use to describe similar (but not the same) positions in tribes all over the world. There is no unifying concepts that can link all people who would be described as shamans.

The new-age definition is a bastardization of the ideas of native american medicine men (and women,) and native tribes from other parts of the world. Usually 'take what you want and leave the rest' mentality.

Good answer.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games