Reply The Gallery
The Rebellion - A fantasy novel by Cheesio

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Don't let the crap first chapter put you off. I've never been any good at beginnings...

Chapter 1: An irrefusable offer

Down a dark alleyway lived two orphan twin brothers called Alexander and Byron. They seemed to be in their mid-teens, but only their parents knew that. They were probably dead though.
Byron ran into the alley, his grubby shoes splashing in the muddy puddles.
'Hey Alex, look what I found!' Byron held a pamphlet towards Alexander. He took it and read: Tired of the dismal life you lead in the city? Want to escape to a better place? Leave behind poverty and famine and come to the Happy Haven! You'll be treated to free food, shelter, bedding, and entertainment all in our high security luxury location! All you need to do is turn up at the tower in the center of Blackburn Forest (you can't miss it) and sign the contract! And remember it's ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Then there was a large block of small-print; but it was impossible to make out.
'Seems rather fishy to me.' said Alexander, 'I mean, why would they be giving all that away for free?'
'What, so you want to be living on the streets your whole life? This is our only chance Alex! Besides, half the city is going at this rate. It's an offer nobody can refuse!'
'But-'
'What's the harm in having a look eh? We can come back if it's suspicious. It's time to live like kings Alex!'
Alexander sighed. 'How are we we gonna get there? Blackburn Forest is miles away, I saw it on a map. It'd take weeks to get there on foot!'
'We can just hitch a ride on someone's carriage. I'm sure old Henry wouldn't mind.'
'When's he leaving?'
'Tomorrow at nine in the morning. He's bringing his wife along too.'
'Tomorrow?! That's a bit soon!'
'The sooner the better.' Byron smiled to himself. He went to sleep dreaming of a life of luxury at Happy Haven. Alexander couldn't get to sleep. He kept worrying. There had to be a catch. Probably a huge one. And then there was all that small-print on the pamphlet. He didn't know a lot about small-print, but that much of it couldn't be good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:48 am
They sign away their souls or are somehow lost to slavery.
Then they wind up leading a rebellion, or joining a rebellion against their captors, a.k.a. the makers of the pamphlets, and then wind up victorious, and probably rich.

The End.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:52 am
Kuzodav
They sign away their souls or are somehow lost to slavery.
Then they wind up leading a rebellion, or joining a rebellion against their captors, a.k.a. the makers of the pamphlets, and then wind up victorious, and probably rich.

The End.
Wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 am
No. no.

They go to this place and live like kings but after a while they realise that slaves do all the work. Then a mysterious illness goes through that they realise they brought and the slaves and some of the normal people somehow survive. THEN the slaves join together in a rebellion led by these two guys and they kill the people controlling the slaves and take over to start a new life for themselves.  

Terara Drakon

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:14 am
sounds not too shabby of a start, I can understand how openings can be hard to pull off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
sounds not too shabby of a start, I can understand how openings can be hard to pull off.
I can't tell you how many times I've written half of a first chapter and scrapped it because it was horrible.

I've tried everything. I just can't start my story off. xc

I had to start from like, the third.  

Terara Drakon

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:19 am
Kirbythecreampuff
No. no.

They go to this place and live like kings but after a while they realise that slaves do all the work. Then a mysterious illness goes through that they realise they brought and the slaves and some of the normal people somehow survive. THEN the slaves join together in a rebellion led by these two guys and they kill the people controlling the slaves and take over to start a new life for themselves.
Wrong again. In fact, Kuzo was closer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:22 am
Super Cheesio
Kirbythecreampuff
No. no.

Wrong again. In fact, Kuzo was closer.
I was just stating the storyline from The Book of D'ni. I knew it wasn't even close. xD  

Terara Drakon

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:40 am
Rebellion, not Rebelion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 am
l-Kathulu-l
Rebellion, not Rebelion.
Whoopsie! *Fixes*  

Super Cheesio

The Gallery

Manage Your Items