No gauging for me thanks
  2 is where I draw the line, in case I decide to turn back
  7/16
  before 5/8
  No limits!!!
View Results

Mint Flavored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm
So after what feels like 2 years of stretching, I got to 0g.
Sounds like no big deal, but I had a lot of setbacks. I only had my 2s in for a little over a month, so I probably should have waited a little longer before I made another stretch. I think I might have ripped. x:
The first day I was solid, but the second day there was bleeding Dx Now it's been about a week and a half and the bleeding and swelling is over. (i also discovered that one of my lobes is just fatter than the other. That or the original piercings weren't exactly even haha).

Point of the thread:
I should have downsized, but I was too stubborn.

There is and incredible amount of buildup around the stoppers about every other day that is a pain in the a** to clean. (normal, right?)

I realized that my ears won't shrink back after this.

Weird thing is, I did a lot of research after the fact and figured I was screwed either way (if I hadn't been so lucky). If I left them in, my ear could get infected. If I took them out, the exposure could cause infection. If I went to the doctor, they wouldn't be able to do much about the infection except give me cleaning junk that I already have. Etc, etc.

So, I just said "f*** it" and left them in to turn out as they would. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm
With the recent up in size, my dad FINALLY noticed that I was gauging in the first place.
He's not happy about it XD
God only knows what will happen when I decided to get a tattoo. I was planning on getting my first one started in the next month, but now idk.  

Mint Flavored

Cayliin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 pm
Sea Salt Soaks are your best friend.
You should really downsize though.
But I was stubborn like that too. My ears didn't want to go up to 00ga, and I'd had then at 2ga for about 8 months, then 0ga for about 2.5 months?
It was painful, but the swelling and everything cleared after a good couple days.
Normal for crusties to build up, as long as they aren't blood crusties, or discoloured [white and clear are okay. Green, Mustard and Brown are not]

Don't use Alcohol or Peroxide, it'll dry out your ears and it'll take forever for your ears to heal themselves properly. The Sea Salt will draw out anything much easier, and use either; Grapeseed Oil, Pure Vitamin E Oil, Emu Oil or JoJoba Oil after you soak with the sea salt :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm
Cayliin
But I was stubborn like that too. My ears didn't want to go up to 00ga, and I'd had then at 2ga for about 8 months, then 0ga for about 2.5 months?
It was painful, but the swelling and everything cleared after a good couple days.
Normal for crusties to build up, as long as they aren't blood crusties, or discoloured [white and clear are okay. Green, Mustard and Brown are not]

Don't use Alcohol or Peroxide, it'll dry out your ears and it'll take forever for your ears to heal themselves properly. The Sea Salt will draw out anything much easier, and use either; Grapeseed Oil, Pure Vitamin E Oil, Emu Oil or JoJoba Oil after you soak with the sea salt :3

Spot on. I've been using piercing ear care solution that I got last time I got my ears 3rd holes done Vitamin E oil too, but that's it. Everyone raves about SSS, but I don't really know much about it. Can I get it from any old store or would I have to order something? (like an amazing brand or something.)
It's been almost 2 weeks so I'm thinking that since the bleeding and swelling stopped and I didn't get any blowouts I won't downsize. I'm gonna wait a lot longer before I stretch again because the usual month or so doesn't seem plausible.  

Mint Flavored

Annihilation Sky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:47 am
Mint Flavored
Cayliin

Spot on. I've been using piercing ear care solution that I got last time I got my ears 3rd holes done Vitamin E oil too, but that's it. Everyone raves about SSS, but I don't really know much about it. Can I get it from any old store or would I have to order something? (like an amazing brand or something.)
It's been almost 2 weeks so I'm thinking that since the bleeding and swelling stopped and I didn't get any blowouts I won't downsize. I'm gonna wait a lot longer before I stretch again because the usual month or so doesn't seem plausible.

Any sea salt will do for SSS 3nodding
I'd probably downsize to be on the safe side any way. If its been bleeding and swelling you've done some damage, so it would be better in the long run.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:32 pm
Update: still haven't downsized. All bleeding and swelling have stopped and FINALLY i found some q-tips and anti-bacterial soap that have helped with the smell (thank god!) I've been getting good results from the Vitamin E oil and sometimes I use baby oil too. 3nodding  

Mint Flavored

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:27 pm
Salt soaks are God.
1/8 tsp of sea salt (not iodised, but just plain sea salt, buy it from your supermarket or whatever) in a cup of warm-hot water. Not hot enough to be uncomfortable, but hot. Dip in piercing. Feel silly while lying on a cup of water( XP ). Wait ten minutes. Remove cup, pat dry with clean paper towel. Everything should be as clean as you can get it, and don't let other people put their grubby hands in your salt.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games