Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Do most atheists come from Christianity? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you come from a Christian family?
  yes
  no
View Results

StevenStBlaize

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 am
Tragic Orgy
StevenStBlaize
Tragic Orgy
Some-what. Let me explain..

My dad is an atheist and my mother is a devoted Christian. If you're wondering, my parents are still together. They do not speak of religion to one another. My dad makes fun of Christianity with my brother and I, behind my mother's back. My mom makes my brother and I pray for my dad. LOL. Ironically enough, my brother and me both lack the belief in God, but she doesn't know that and we sill attend church every Sunday.

I was able to experience both worldviews and I prefer the atheist route. I don't have to worry day in and day out whether my dad will suffer in hell in the afterlife; I don't have to blame myself if my prayers are not answered, and best of all, I don't have to lie to myself to defend the Christian God. mrgreen
You're family is almost exactly like mine, except both of my parents make fun of Catholocism even though my mother is very spiritual and goes to church every sunday. Hahah.

Haha.. Your mom sounds friendly and down to earth. Do you attend church? I do. My mom doesn't know my lack of belief in God. She would probably disown me if she found out. :C

My mom tends to be very distant, cold, and unfriendly. On the other hand, my dad is a crazy non-conformist. He's the father I go to when I have relationship problems, girl problems, sex-life problems LOL, school problems...etc My dad is cool and intelligent. I cannot ask for someone better.
My mom is awesome. Friendly and down to Earth is exactly how I describe her. Hahah. I attended church until I was thirteen. I was baptised, received communion, and was confirmed, and after that she let me make the choice for myself. Wow. Your parents are mine reversed.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:03 pm
My parents didn't force my siblings and I to go to church, and they let us choose what we believe in, instead of straight out making us be Christian. My dad is Christian and then the rest of my family doesn't really know what they are. Like, they believe in God, but they don't pray, or any of that crap. I, on the other hand, am a true Atheist. I don't believe in God, or Adam and Eve, or anything along those lines. Most of what I know about Christianity came from school. Last year I had to learn about it. neutral Most boring subject ever! stare  

GuillotineGirl

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 pm
Well, if you go back far enough you can find christians in my family. But if you go back even farther you'll find atheists. So which is it? Is my family christian or atheist? Or whatever else may have been in our ancestry? My immediate family that I lived with growing up is not christian and not religious and one of my parents is an atheist.

sageofswordsx
As far as I know this is quite rare, but I was pretty much born an atheist.
We're all born atheists.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm
Yeah my dad and his parents are non practicing Jews, but the rest of his family is very devout. My mom is a spiritual Catholic, and the rest of her family is non practicing... What is my family!?!?!?!

Doesn't matter.
I'm Atheist.
Hahah.  

StevenStBlaize

TheCloud77

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 pm
I come from an atheist family. I did explore the world of religion on my own because I was curious as to why so many people were so into their religion, and I found that all the stories and things they believed in were pretty obviously not real.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:40 pm
When I was like 6 i read a bible coloring book. I'm like, oh, that happened and stuff (In my subconscious I'm like, "WTF?"). But in 5/6 grade IO'm like ****, screw Christianity. Atheism FTW.  

I Am A Mountie

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:50 pm
Random Rainbow Rukia
My parents are trying to make me believe in God.

They are like "I hope you realize the truth before it's too late" and that s**t T-T I try to say "ok, ok, just shut up now" (not really, I just think it XD)

xd xd mine do this too, but I actually say "ok, ok, ******** off now"...I usually get grounded but I don't really care 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 pm
even though i dont come from a christian family ill bet most atheists do because the christian bible is so crappy(ive read it) and the services are so long(ive been through one) it makes you want to quit even if you do believe youll be punished in the afterlife  

dl1371

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces