Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Woooot!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:29 pm
Our atheistic/agnostic guild has at least twice as many members as the Christian one! Check it out!
We're below Paganism at the moment... Doesn't bother me, I have a soft spot for them because I was Wiccan for a while. Something about being able to control my own destiny appealed to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:33 pm
that's cool to know : )  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:38 pm
You know, if you look at any poll in any area of this site, you often find Atheists to be a majority. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that this site appeals to people who watch anime, and maybe because anime typical pokes fun at religion (especially their own) those secular ideologies might get through and trigger the logical side in their viewers minds.

User Image
Just a theory.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:38 pm
Nice. Very nice.  

Arios V

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Good point.

Maybe that's why we have so many Japanese guilds. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 pm
Dathu
You know, if you look at any poll in any area of this site, you often find Atheists to be a majority. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that this site appeals to people who watch anime, and maybe because anime typical pokes fun at religion (especially their own) those secular ideologies might get through and trigger the logical side in their viewers minds.

User Image
Just a theory.

Animu = Atheism!  

Kidrahs

MyBrotherJake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 pm
Eventually the net will kill religion. It will take a long time. People will come to look at it as we do about slavery, and wonder why it took us so long to unshackle ourselves from the chains of religious dogma. This mental slavery will melt away slowly as each new generation learns the alternatives to these ancient superstitions earlier.

Well ... thats my wish list biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:19 pm
MyBrotherJake
Eventually the net will kill religion. It will take a long time. People will come to look at it as we do about slavery, and wonder why it took us so long to unshackle ourselves from the chains of religious dogma. This mental slavery will melt away slowly as each new generation learns the alternatives to these ancient superstitions earlier.

Well ... thats my wish list biggrin

User Image
I'll second that.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 pm
Motion passed!  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash