Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
An atheist on Judgement Day. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kidrahs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:24 am
Jackal Sano
Interesting, I'd have to say, I'd love to go to heaven but with a tyrant like that? Nah, I dont think so. Hell? Hmmmm, Satan is the opponent of God but he still is a jerk in himself.

Hey how about we find the Greek gods somehow and join them instead? They sound a hell of a lot cooler then these two nutcases.

Man, screw those inbred ********! Odins the way to go!

To Valhala!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:34 am
If ever there were a "judgement day", you would find me looting stores and beating the s#!t out of people I hate, preferably preists waiting at the church doors.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Piroki-chan23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 pm
I would go though the test, call God a douch bag, wander around through Limbo, find the god Hades, kick his old nut sack, and then I would see if I couldn't find an M-4 or some other kinna gun from a fallen soldier or something and litteraly raise Hell.
After said massacure, I would proboly end up as a god and make my own heaven. It would be filled with fights to the death, those who where previously gods in dunking booths filled with urine, ninja and samuri spirits doing my bidding, and a s**t load of cake.

Do I have any followers yet? I have CAKE! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 pm
User Image

Hmm.... That was an interesting story.

Hey, if heaven is where all the christians and theists and
all those other idiots would go, I'd really rather go to
hell or oblivion. Since in this story heaven isn't really
as "white" and clean as people would imagine it to
be, that probably means that hell isn't as bad, either.
Maybe hell is just a beach with a hot sun. I like beaches. blaugh

between hell and oblivion, i'd choose oblivion. Eternity
will bore me to death... except that i already am dead.

Or maybe I'd just linger on earth as a ghost XD
At least I still get to watch TV!

User Image

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Inquisitor_Bane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:23 pm
If he's there and all powerful, and he obviously doesn't do anything, I'd go to the so called hell instead of deal with such a complete jerk.
Go Eve  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm
this is a good story! eek

The Random Rapist

Profitable Prophet

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:28 pm
GodlessProphet

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

I have a story, but communist, and way more fun, i.e., not a downer like that:

So Vladmir Lenin died and, atheist as he was, went to hell.

In hell he met with all the other communists, peasant heretics and the like and 'impious' workers and the Red Armymen who died in the Civil War. So he starts organising them, and no matter what Satan does, the organisation gets bigger and bigger, until there is almost a revolution in Hell itself.

So Satan, seeing that he is about to be overthrown calls up God.
"God," he says, "I am having some troubles with this Lenin fellow. He is organising all the dead communists and organising the damned to overthrow me. Would I be able to exile him to Heaven for a week while I put down the uprising?"

"Sure." God says, so up Lenin is sent.

It was a hard fight, but Satan restored order throughout Hell, and felt safe enough to bring Lenin back.

He calls up God again. "Hey God, I have everything sorted out down here. How are things going up there with Lenin?"

"Not bad," said God, "but firstly, the name is Comrade God, and secondly, i don't exist."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:34 pm
Louis-Auguste Robespierre
GodlessProphet

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

I have a story, but communist, and way more fun, i.e., not a downer like that:

So Vladmir Lenin died and, atheist as he was, went to hell.

In hell he met with all the other communists, peasant heretics and the like and 'impious' workers and the Red Armymen who died in the Civil War. So he starts organising them, and no matter what Satan does, the organisation gets bigger and bigger, until there is almost a revolution in Hell itself.

So Satan, seeing that he is about to be overthrown calls up God.
"God," he says, "I am having some troubles with this Lenin fellow. He is organising all the dead communists and organising the damned to overthrow me. Would I be able to exile him to Heaven for a week while I put down the uprising?"

"Sure." God says, so up Lenin is sent.

It was a hard fight, but Satan restored order throughout Hell, and felt safe enough to bring Lenin back.

He calls up God again. "Hey God, I have everything sorted out down here. How are things going up there with Lenin?"

"Not bad," said God, "but firstly, the name is Comrade God, and secondly, i don't exist."

haha, great one rofl

And about the original story: actually if you put god that way there's really no reason for believing in him. I think it's an effect of personificating god. If he acts like humans, then why believe in him? He's no better than us. Tricky one. If I was supposed to make a religion I wouldn't say anything about creating human as a resemblance of god smile

But I'd rather say the whole idea of god can always have two reasonable sides:
1) idea of god is for justifying ethics, in kantian way
2) idea of god is for metaphysical reasons - to estabilish a system you always need the absolute, right? razz  

Raticiel

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:35 pm
Very nice story. In my eyes whether god exists or not I deny any form of religion or diety for the eons spent arguing and killing. If I had any opportunity to get to "heaven" I would gladly refuse, knowing that the way I've chosen is the right way.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm
eek
Eve. Is. Badass.  

I Am A Mountie

StevenStBlaize

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 am
[-Erik-]
Oblivion or eternal life besides God?

Well... I don't have to talk to God, do I?
Exactomundo. Everybody sounds so self-righteous, "I would never want to go to heaven. I SOO choose hell." Man... think about what your saying. Eternity in the Lake of Flames, or a few awkward moments whenever the Big Dude walks by. Chamowna!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:39 pm
i would go to hell and raise an army(becuz there are going to be a lot more people in hell) then i would overthrow satan and god and become the lord of the universe but as lord i would operate more like eve thinks god should and not like god did  

dl1371

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 pm
StevenStBlaize
[-Erik-]
Oblivion or eternal life besides God?

Well... I don't have to talk to God, do I?
Exactomundo. Everybody sounds so self-righteous, "I would never want to go to heaven. I SOO choose hell." Man... think about what your saying. Eternity in the Lake of Flames, or a few awkward moments whenever the Big Dude walks by. Chamowna!

Either this or I would like to be a ghost that roams the Earth. That would be fun.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff