Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ouiji Boards Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use ouiji boards?
  yes, all the time
  sometimes, but not too often
  never
View Results

Vengeful Elegance

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:36 pm
Crimson Fox Of Tempests
sorry but i have no love for ouiji boards. down hear at a church my family had gone to for nearly a century , abotu 40 years back soem kids were playing with an ouiji board at teh summer camp held by teh church, the parenst caught them and threw teh board out into the bonfire, needless to say as i have heard it, the board flew out of the bonfire hurled threw teh air went through the lowerlevel window and then lodged itself in a wall. matters were mad worse when they couldnt get it out of teh wall. sp they cut teh section out of teh wall and buried iteh board out in teh feild only to find it back in teh wall not but three days after teh wall was replastered. so tehy removed it for a second time this tiem soaking it in blessed water then burying it with three crosses. Havent seen it since, but i went down in that room wher eteh wall is and touched teh scar on teh wall its sent a high shock of bad feeling through me. the energy lingers there and the church pastor wont allow me to try to cleanse it because i would be doing " magick" which by their doctrine sis evil , so evil canot combat evil.

silly how they are that way. im a good honest christian and i woudl do a christinized( hate that word) cleansing

How is cleansing something magic? What about exorcisms? Is that any different? You are still praying to someone to help you with whatever it is you happen to be doing. Don't get me wrong I am also a christian but I don't see anything wrong with using things that are unpopular with the church to do good things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 am
i prefer to stay away from ouija boards because my dad (who's a sceptic) used while ghost hunting in a friend's house (apparently for ghost hunting, a sceptics the best thing to be. that way you will search for a scientific cause before a ghost one) and they heard a dog growling from underneath them which normally wouldn't possible since they were on solid concrete at the time. the second time he used one he wont even tell me the gist of what happened scream it was that scary apparently.  

Just Tsuki

D_Marx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 pm
I try very hard not to use instruments that could possibly enhance whatever power I have. I'm not too keen on using things I'm not terribly familiar with, and that would be why I'm definitely not into enhancers. It may be a trip at the time, but if you don't know how to handle the overflow of power you're looking at a week's worth of agony.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:11 am
Quiji Boards are strictly a thing of purpose. I you have to need for it, then don't use it.
There are allot better and safer channels to use. Unless you are trained and understanding of it.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cerebian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 pm
I've used a Quija boardtwice in my life both time with a group of my girl friends at birthday parties. The first time it was basically uneventful but the second time was an eye opener for me. I had already deveolped a strong interst in the paranormal but this sucked me in the rest of the way.
The second time I had used it the board it was with a group of girls that I knew very well. One girl was a year older than me and was already into the paranormal and was a self imposed witch. She had a spirit that she talked to frequently called 'Um' he was a very friendly spirit and quite the comic. After we talked to him we asked if they're was anyone else who would like to say their peace. We then spoke to a young gypsy girl who had been murdered. She was around 7 or 8 and had an intense hatred for men because she had been raped and murdered by them.
It was a fun session but it turned a bit creepy when she got a bit upset. We ended the session and I haven't worked with one since but I would love to. I've had my share of ghost encounters and have yet to fear a spirit I've encountered but know they have evil spirits.

My advice on Quija boards is simple, don't do them by yourself, have some knowledgeof what you are dealing with and be careful to make sure no spirits follow you home or attach themselves to you. If this means you errecting some kind of psychic wall or circle then so be it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm
I used one once with a friend, my sister, and my sister's friend. The board belonged to my sister's friend.
Now the problem with Ouija boards is that it is so imprecise. You don't know if it is involuntary movements of your hands or a spirit who is moving the thing, so it's not very good. Besides that, I believe that they are able to summon evil spirits.
After we stopped using the board, we were just sitting around talking when we smelled this strange perfume. I recognised it as sweetgrass, used by Native Americans in rituals. We went back and spoke with a Native spirit harbouring a grudge against the white man.
Again, who knows if we were really speaking with spirits through the board, but there is no account of that scent in the house otherwise, and my friend and I both felt the hands on our necks that night as we tried to sleep. I have heard of a lot of bad things happening around them, so the only thing I can say is that if you are going to use one, make sure you are properly protected. I still don't know any good protection spells or anything, so I haven't attempted using a board again, nor do I think I ever will.

Mistreena

Helsa

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:42 pm
Vengeful Elegance
Crimson Fox Of Tempests
sorry but i have no love for ouiji boards. down hear at a church my family had gone to for nearly a century , abotu 40 years back soem kids were playing with an ouiji board at teh summer camp held by teh church, the parenst caught them and threw teh board out into the bonfire, needless to say as i have heard it, the board flew out of the bonfire hurled threw teh air went through the lowerlevel window and then lodged itself in a wall. matters were mad worse when they couldnt get it out of teh wall. sp they cut teh section out of teh wall and buried iteh board out in teh feild only to find it back in teh wall not but three days after teh wall was replastered. so tehy removed it for a second time this tiem soaking it in blessed water then burying it with three crosses. Havent seen it since, but i went down in that room wher eteh wall is and touched teh scar on teh wall its sent a high shock of bad feeling through me. the energy lingers there and the church pastor wont allow me to try to cleanse it because i would be doing " magick" which by their doctrine sis evil , so evil canot combat evil.

silly how they are that way. im a good honest christian and i woudl do a christinized( hate that word) cleansing

How is cleansing something magic? What about exorcisms? Is that any different? You are still praying to someone to help you with whatever it is you happen to be doing. Don't get me wrong I am also a christian but I don't see anything wrong with using things that are unpopular with the church to do good things.

The churches have an idea that magic is divided into two groups good and bad and then there is also "for who you do it"
they won't allow you to perform any such blessings under their knowledge in the name of the holy spirit or the pope unless working under the same branch and under order to do so.
The truth is as the free practitioners point of view seems to flow, that magic is only as good or as bad as the intentions behind its use.
And i already have said the church does not distinguish between these ideas and remains firm with the idea that their so called word of god is the word of law we should or at least the followers should live by
so in my own opinion cleansing is by no reason a selfish or unreasonable act without any meaning at least with your intentions...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:42 am
I never mess with ouiji boards unless your with someone with experence with them . who knows how to work them safely who can close and open properly then i wouldn't recommend them  

Sweet Tooth Cyanide

Distinct Lunatic

5,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Scorpy-Sue

Distinct Conversationalist

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:40 pm
I think spirits like a challenge. If a bunch of silly teenagers are sitting around in their attic with a Ouija board and start messing around with it because they want to "talk to spirits," they're going to attract nasty, tricky things. If you genuinely know what you're doing and are using the board for a purpose other than showing off (or things like that), then a Ouija board is perfectly safe and useful.

I have the same theory about a lot of haunted places. People go to those places hoping to see a spirit do something scary, so the spirit, after about a hundred years of having people tramping around all over its current place of residence hoping for a show, scares the crap out of them to get rid of them. It's all about intent.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 pm
I used one by myself
other than I think I got a small, minor spirit
all it really did was enter my room and make it insanely cold, and by the time I would get a hoodie on, it would leave and it would return to room temp

I've since moved out (due to personal conflicts with my step father) and have not been able to see if anything else has happened  

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:15 pm
I think ouiji boards are mostly a Victorian type construct to amuse would be occultists into blaming hauntings or the sort on some something other than the truth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:23 am
Oh, how i've always wanted to try one out. Perhaps someday i will get to. =)
4laugh

I know there's a lot of warnings but i shall drag a friend of mine with me when i try it. >.< so yeah. lol.  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games