Submit

Yay God!
  Yay God :-D
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 am

Haggai 1:5-6

This is what the Lord of Heaven's Armies says: Look at what's happening to you! You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!

A few verses down the line, the Lord says, "Why? Because my house lies in ruins..." (v. 9)

When you put the Lord first, everything fits into place and goes well. Even in dark times, putting the Lord before everything is better than not doing so.

When you don't put the Lord first, you may enjoy worldly things for a while. But God will take them away. Because the things in this world are finite. They are the treasures of this world and they will not last. God is forever. Heaven is forever. And hell is forever, too. As Jesus said, store up your treasures in heaven, not on this earth.

Put the Lord your God before all else, and you will see how He richly rewards you.

P.S. That is a good psalms passage, sister.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Matthew 5:3-12

God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,* for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,* for they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you* and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven.

*5:3 also written (Greek): poor in spirit
*5:6 also written: for righteousness
*5:11, some manuscripts omit "and lie about you"

These are the Beatitudes. Enough said. heart

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 am

Matthew 21:13

He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called a house of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves!"*

*Found in Isaiah 56:7 and Jeremiah 7:11

You know...I can't help but remember this Scripture when I enter churches that busy themselves with selling merchandise and coffee. I'm not sure it's right...but then, I'm not sure it's wrong.

I guess time will tell.

We must make sure that churches are used for what they were built for: prayer and the worship of God. When we move away from those things, churches are no longer churches.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm

John 13:13-17

"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord', and you are right, because that's what I am. And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. I tell you the truth, slaves are not greater than their master. Nor is the messenger more important than the one who sends the message. Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them."

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Isaiah 53:3-4

He was despised and rejected--a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses He carried; it was our sorrows* that weighed Him down.

*also written "sicknesses" instead of sorrows

Jesus was prophesied about before He even came. Multiple passages exist in the Bible and detail specifics. These prophecies were not simple "lucky guesses". The details of Christ's life and crucifixion are evident. These are real prophecies.

He died for us, for His love for us. Truly, our Lord Jesus Christ is amazing. Even when we turn from Him He loves us. Even when we disobey, He carries our troubles. What an awesome God.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am

Jonah 4:10-11

Then the Lord said, "You feel sorry about the plant, though you did nothing to put it there. It came quickly and died quickly. But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness,* not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?"

*4:11 also written (in Hebrew): people who don't know their right hand from their left

The Lord loves all people, believers and non-believers alike. We must do the same. To the best of our abilities. God never gives us more than we can handle! But that Scripture is for another day. ^_^

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:45 am

I thought I posted Scripture yesterday. sweatdrop

James 5:13-16

Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

The power of prayer is amazing. Serious, faithful prayer without doubt but with faith in the Lord's name offers significant comfort and bears wonderful results. I know this from experience. Even if the answer you get isn't immediately after your prayer, or even the next day, know that an answer will come to you. For anyone who knocks, the door will be opened. The words of our Lord Himself.

God bless. Never forget the power of prayer.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:17 am

Sorry. I know I've been slacking. I fail. emo

Romans 12:9

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them.

Not always easy. But it can be done. With Jesus.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Maybe we should change this to weekly Scripture. That's be easier and I'd be less likely to forget. How about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Reply to this if you actually read the Daily Scripture.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:32 pm

I don't find your lack of responses overly surprising, actually.
I think I'm the only person who really reads these things anymore. Lol.

Remember the Armor of God. Ephesians. Six. Go find it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:16 pm
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7

This is one of my favorite verses, not from the same bible I read from, but one of the verses I always remember when I'm ready to give up on life. I always think about it, and find courage from it.  

NyxMoonlight38

Nero-Sama

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 am
The Book of Mark, Chapter Eight, Verse Thirty-Four to Chapter Nine, Verse One

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS!

[8:34] Summoning the crowd along with His disciples, He said to them, "If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. [35] For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me and the gospel will save it. [36] For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world, yet lose his life? [37] What can a man give in exchange for his life? [38]For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

[9:1] Then He said to them, "I assure you: There are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God come in power"

I flipped open my Bible, and opened the Word of God to a random page, and this is what stood out for me today...

To be able to "Take up MY Cross" and follow Jesus. This is my most sincere wish and dream. One that I've struggled with. As mentioned in Mark 8:38, this world is truely a confusing, lustful, sinful world. Now, more than ever. I struggle every day to keep in the path of God. I PRAY that I become more pure, and more like my Lord Jesus.

I feel so ashamed of myself, knowing the things I've done, the things that I sometimes think and do. I am not as Christ-like as I should like to be.

I wonder sometimes if I saw Jesus today, would He acknowledge me as a friend? Or would He say "I know you not, sir."?  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff