Welcome to Gaia! ::

clubs of california

Back to Guilds

we go around california and party hardy then tell us of your exitement! 

Tags: party, clubs, california, total, awesome 

Reply In Honor Of Michael Jackson
"Dirty Diana" Video... FingerTips...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

edyluewho

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 pm
I was watching "Dirty Diana" like, a few minutes ago, and around 1:27, I saw Michael's fingertips were bandaged up. Here's the link if you want to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hg-IRZk4D0

What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 pm
One of my favorite songs by him.
but i thought his fingertips were always bandaged up. thats his style.
a piece of tape on every finger except the thumb and middle finger on his right hand.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

edyluewho

Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 pm
HouseMDFan25
a piece of tape on every finger except the thumb and middle finger on his right hand.

Oh. Thanks for telling me. I was wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:49 pm
Invisible BloodyKitty
HouseMDFan25

Oh. Thanks for telling me. I was wondering.

you're welcome. It's just another one of his things, like the glove, or his had or the band on his arm.
I think he has cool style myself. I was wondering if i should get some of the medical tape, stuff the other day when i was in walmart and i decided not too, but i still might.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 pm
Watch Smooth Criminal, that's my favorite video. smile
but make sure it's the full version. The radio cut version will make you dizzy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 pm
I'm not to sure about the tape.
But I heard that the glove he always wore was to cover up his Vitiligo.
Apparently, on most cases of Vitiligo the blotches always show on the right hand.
I'm not sure if this is true though.

unicorn p00p

4,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

kendrazombie

8,100 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm
"Michael Jackson began wearing tape on his fingers due to the disease of vitiligo. Vitiligo causes skin tone to change, and when Jackson was first diagnosed with this disorder, it was the skin on his fingers and arms that began losing pigment.

Jackson began wearing long-sleeved garments and tape on his fingers to hide his loss of pigment. Over the years, the tape became a fashion statement and he continued to wear it.

He actually wore tape on his fingers because when he was doing a commercial for pepsi the pirotechnics accidently set his hair on fire. Whilst trying to dout it out with his hands he badly burnt his fingers. This is why he wore them on only three of his fingers on his right hand.

If you watch that last controversial interview he did with Martin Bashir you will see Michael Jackson's hands are white-ish but some of his fingernails and skin around them are still his natural dark skin tone. He puts tape on those fingers.

Skin whitening cream just like tanning lotion doesn't distribute evenly. You may notice fake tan goes darker around the knees, etc. and you can't fake tan some tough calloused skin areas on the body nor under your fingernails.

Just like fake tan, skin whitening cream lightens skin on hands and face relatively easy compared to the tough skin on the sides of the fingernails and the cream has a hard time penetrating through fingernails.

Michael covered those fingers with white tape because they did not whiten as easy compared to his other fingers."

I have always heard this was the reasoning, but I've never been 100% positive.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm
kendrazombie
"Michael Jackson began wearing tape on his fingers due to the disease of vitiligo. Vitiligo causes skin tone to change, and when Jackson was first diagnosed with this disorder, it was the skin on his fingers and arms that began losing pigment.

Jackson began wearing long-sleeved garments and tape on his fingers to hide his loss of pigment. Over the years, the tape became a fashion statement and he continued to wear it.

He actually wore tape on his fingers because when he was doing a commercial for pepsi the pirotechnics accidently set his hair on fire. Whilst trying to dout it out with his hands he badly burnt his fingers. This is why he wore them on only three of his fingers on his right hand.

If you watch that last controversial interview he did with Martin Bashir you will see Michael Jackson's hands are white-ish but some of his fingernails and skin around them are still his natural dark skin tone. He puts tape on those fingers.

Skin whitening cream just like tanning lotion doesn't distribute evenly. You may notice fake tan goes darker around the knees, etc. and you can't fake tan some tough calloused skin areas on the body nor under your fingernails.

Just like fake tan, skin whitening cream lightens skin on hands and face relatively easy compared to the tough skin on the sides of the fingernails and the cream has a hard time penetrating through fingernails.

Michael covered those fingers with white tape because they did not whiten as easy compared to his other fingers."

Wow. Thanks for telling me.  

edyluewho

Friend

UnKnown Bitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm
kendrazombie

that's what I always thought the tape was for
Because I have seen pictures with him without the tape on his fingers and his nails are still dark.
But it was still an awesome style <3  
In Honor Of Michael Jackson

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff