Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Administration Commits an American Sacrilege

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:10 am
The administration evidently signed a law back in April, and it's only just coming to light now, that redesignates Sept. 11 from a national day of mourning to a national day of community service. How dare that snot-nosed upstart hijack the memorial of this tragic event for his little community activist agenda! I'm am literally shaking in anger right now!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm
This is so wrong that I'm not even sure where to start with this one.  

Pumona

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 am
Remember, 65 Million of us preferred the other guy...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 pm
Kingthor2282
Remember, 65 Million of us preferred the other guy...

Sounds like something to put on a shirt. wink  

Pumona

Latopazora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 pm
Lord Bitememan
The administration evidently signed a law back in April, and it's only just coming to light now, that redesignates Sept. 11 from a national day of mourning to a national day of community service. How dare that snot-nosed upstart hijack the memorial of this tragic event for his little community activist agenda! I'm am literally shaking in anger right now!

I heard about this. For shame… 3,000 people didn't die and many others didn't become traumatized for the sake of community service. They're innocent people who had no idea what was going to happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:58 pm
I think you're mistaking his motives. The point is to "show patriotism" through community service. Essentially community service, is service for your community. Your community is part of the US. It's an indirect way to show patriotism. They're not saying give up mourning. Though I don't care to state my opinion on this matter.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 pm
Quote:
Though I don't care to state my opinion on this matter.

Uh, you kinda. . . . did.

Quote:
I think you're mistaking his motives. The point is to "show patriotism" through community service.

Which is an agenda, and that's not what the occasion is about. Agendas are political and ideological, and this is an ideological agenda. The day is a day of remembrance and mourning, and should not be co-opted to ram his community activist agenda down our throats.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:38 am
Actually I was just pointing out their viewpoint. My opinion much differs. I'm not to the point of shaking anger, but I do disagree with their perspective.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 pm
I call bollocks on this whole administration.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm
It's bad! Real bad, the souls of those who died because of our nation, if only we'd learned like we should have after 9-11/Katrina/AIDS... God is casting his wrath because of our views on abortion and gay people. We should be mourning the death of those that died on this day, not working towards the community that caused their death!  

Magus Kathrine

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:27 pm
Quote:
9-11/Katrina/AIDS... God is casting his wrath because of our views on abortion and gay people.

9/11 = brought on by gays and abortion. Okay. . . but there were just as many gays and abortions in 2002 when we STOMPED the Taliban in Afghanistan as there were when we were attacked on 9/11. Your theory would predict that divine wrath would lead to our catastrophic defeat there as we would be opposing instruments of God. Instead, we won. Your logic doesn't factor out on this.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games