Reply The Anime Art Academy
after weeks of artist block!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

White_Ryvnn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:24 pm
finally! i couldnt draw for a week! god! btw about this piccy. i used the cover of a rurouni kenshin manga. so i kept the long thin style that watsuki-sama uses, that i kinda have in my own style anyway^^ so enjoy and please comment for me^^ this is also on my devart. so thats what the little message on it is about^^
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:06 pm
o yeah... if you guys could rate please? thatd be nice heart  

White_Ryvnn

AbstractAngel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:28 pm
I like her outfit and I like the wings too. 9/10  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:55 am
AbstractAngel
I like her outfit and I like the wings too. 9/10

thank you!!! ^^  

White_Ryvnn

K33n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:35 pm
yheey, for an end to Artist's Blooock!

Anywayssss, Nice job. That wing though...I'm not sure it would hold up. It needs more muscle in there, so a thicker frame (I know this only because I made the same mistake) and adding smoe smaller feathers in a slightly darker grey would give it goodness. If you added something to that staff, I don't know what, it might have more depth. It looks a tad flat when I look at it. I can't put my finger on why either. Cursesssss. The hair, hrm, the highlights are numbering too many. it looks like her hair is striped. Theres my two and a half cents. biggrin Keep up the work Ryv!

I still envy your coloring skills. I cannot, I repeat CANNOT color it so it looks good on the computer. In real life, it looks spectacular (I flatter myself), but the second i load it onto the computor, the colored pencils become hellish. Anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:58 pm
It's very good that being said;

Hair: all the highlights you have in your toons hair you should shrink them a lil they take over the while hair and take away from it.

Wings: the wings look fine although they look a lil starched up and a lil too straight, you can fix that by making it a lil more curvy and rounder.

Clothing: The clothings good until that flap near hte wings it looks too stiff but that's it and it's really good

Staff: the staff's fine

Hands and Legs: a really good

Face: Face is good ^^

other then that I really like it.  

Kelmur

White_Ryvnn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:09 pm
K33n
yheey, for an end to Artist's Blooock!

Anywayssss, Nice job. That wing though...I'm not sure it would hold up. It needs more muscle in there, so a thicker frame (I know this only because I made the same mistake) and adding smoe smaller feathers in a slightly darker grey would give it goodness. If you added something to that staff, I don't know what, it might have more depth. It looks a tad flat when I look at it. I can't put my finger on why either. Cursesssss. The hair, hrm, the highlights are numbering too many. it looks like her hair is striped. Theres my two and a half cents. biggrin Keep up the work Ryv!

I still envy your coloring skills. I cannot, I repeat CANNOT color it so it looks good on the computer. In real life, it looks spectacular (I flatter myself), but the second i load it onto the computor, the colored pencils become hellish. Anyway.

thank you
o yes. the wings. theyre intentionally small. i usually cant STAND cherubic wings.. they make me go ickkkk but i thought maybe.. just this once.. id give it a go. thank you for the other comments tho! i didnt notice any of em and now that you mention them, i have to agree with everything you said! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:12 pm
Kelmur
It's very good that being said;

Hair: all the highlights you have in your toons hair you should shrink them a lil they take over the while hair and take away from it.

Wings: the wings look fine although they look a lil starched up and a lil too straight, you can fix that by making it a lil more curvy and rounder.

Clothing: The clothings good until that flap near hte wings it looks too stiff but that's it and it's really good

Staff: the staff's fine

Hands and Legs: a really good

Face: Face is good ^^

other then that I really like it.

thank you! yes im still all nOObish at wings. i dont really draw them much anymore^^ faery wings > angel wings ^^  

White_Ryvnn

K33n

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:33 pm
Dragonfly wings> Faery Wings.

Oooh I love them, lawl. Even though Fairies do sometimes have wings like that, butterfly style wings are usually used. Yeah, wings ARE a pain in many ends on my body. But you are doing good. I should hire you to color my artwork or something.  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games