Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Natural Remedies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 pm
So, because we are all hippies, we use natural stuff to heal ourselves, yes? Well if you don't, here are things that can heal us:

For wounds or being sick:
Salt water: Salt water heals up scratches, gashes, scabs, and so on. It closes up the wound and makes it heal faster.
Aloe: Aloe finishes up the job for salt water; it heals the scar so it is less noticable. It also heals burns.
Sore throat: Lemons and hot water.
Angelica – This herb boasts antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Dry the leaves to make an herbal tea used to increase energy, reduce flatulence, and stimulate blood circulation.
Sweet Basil—Steep the basil leaves in water to make an herbal tea that is used as an herbal remedy for indigestion. As a cold oil, it is used to massage sore muscles. Basil is used in a variety of recipes.
Calendula –The flowers are pretty and useful. Steep flowers in water to make a mouthwash good for the gums. Creams are made from calendula petals and plantain leaves to heal cuts and wounds.
Catnip—Renowned for its mild sedative properties (for cats and humans.) The herb tea is taken as a natural cold remedy, fever reducer, and herbal remedy for headache and upset stomach.

For hair dyes:
Blonde highlights: put lemon juice in your hair and stay out in the sun all day.
Red hair: make the dye with cinnamon, a sturdy conditioner, and a very thick oil. Let it sit in your hair for a few hours. The longer it sits, the darker it gets. I think you can do the same for brown dye, except you use cocoa instead of cinnamon.

Good moods:
Calm: Eat oatmeal with bananas and walnuts. It is the banana that keeps you calm.
Preventing mood swings: Usually used for PMs: Frozen yogurt topped with fruit. Especially rasberries, these will help you stay a bit more cheerful.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:44 pm
User Image

Ah, man! I use natural oils to heal everything!

I'd like to add Peppermint and Lemon to that list.

Peppermint -
Can get rid of stomach aches, headaches, sore muscles

Lemon -
Natural Cleaner.

User Image

Captain Fagbox

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 pm
^^ I love peppermint! It smells so good! And it helps my throat! 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:33 pm
lemonade clears up your stuffy nose.

i don't know if that's a remedy.
but it works blaugh  

susie carmichael

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:25 pm
It does? lol I never knew that. I will try it when I do have a stuffy nose. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 am
For me when I have a stuffy nose, I just get a cold bottle of water and put my nose to the top of the bottle and just breath naturally.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:49 pm
If I'm ill, I usually just let the cold run its course and refuse medicine. I just let my own immune system take care of most problems. I have found that I have fewer colds ever since I've stopped using medicine in the event of one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:52 pm
Ditto. I actually sometimes if it is bad enough, go back to my roots of martial arts healing by meditating and rubbing this type of plant onto my sore, headache, or wherever it is hurting. It smells really bad too, lol. But it works really well for cramps, pulled muscles, and sprains.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out