Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Teach Me How TO Rp?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Kittten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:45 pm
Please? I'm New =3 Well To Rp At Least.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:03 am
First off, you can stop typing in title case. You Know, Like This, With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized, Unless Necessary (If You Say A Name, Brand, Or Region/Area Name, Etc.).
Secondly, I don't know if you roll like this or not, but good RP'ers usually aren't fans of emote faces, including the use of the less-than-three heart. =3 =D XD =[ <33 =S

Other than that, I was looking around Gaia and I found this nifty little thread, the other day. I plan to read over it, myself, as soon as I feel like my roleplaying skills are lacking compared to my good ol' days.

Good luck, young grasshopper.

Vinylle

Lune the Looney

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:07 am
1. Be literate
2. Be active
3. Don't be over descriptive
4. Don't star with literate rps
5. If you like to read and such, start with the Anime subforum, we're pretty nice, and accepting to new people
6. RP with people who seem nice, at first anyway  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 am
Rping is inside you... You must search hard enough... Relax and rp away like this:

Riku ((My fav rp name)) Walked through the dark streets without a care in his mind when surrounded by a few goons... He sighed and got ready to battle '((For thinking in my case))I must protect myself or they'll kill me.' "Come at me already." Riku kicked a goon in the face and grabbed his knife throwing it at another... He then ducked from a slash and kicked the guy's legs making him fall towards Riku... Riku then kicked him in the face lifting him off the air then jumping up grabbing him and throwing him at the other before running away

That is semi literate... literate is better described by someone else sweatdrop  

Killahill217

Distinct Duelist

3,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • PvP 200
  • Signature Look 250

Eternally Gone

Devoted Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 am
Literate can be anything from two to three huge paragraphs, and for lack of a better word, are grammar/spelling nazis. Rene has a nice set up going, since she's the moderator for that subforum, so I'd pop over there and take a peek at what those folks do.

However, the rest of our subforums are a bit more lenient to those less experienced, and you can always ask someone to help you out, if you feel that you need one on one help.

Eternally Gone,
VC/Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 pm
I tore Gaia forums a new a*****e looking for the Angels vs. Demons thread I was in years ago.
This post that I'm quoting is from back in 2005, and I had to do some major digging before I figured out how I could reach the thread, so I really hope you appreciate this example.

LittleRedDevil
From out of the darkness, a giant Demon noisely walks up to Gustav. The features of the giant Demon was hideous. It had milky white skin, a thick slimy coating covered it's entire body and a foul smeel ematted from it. Muscles bulgerd from everypart of it's body. The giant Demon looked down at Gustav with blood red eyes and grinned at him, exposing his yellow teeth. Gustav just stood there, standing in front of the hulking behemoth. That same grin never left his face. Without hesistation, the giant Demon lunged at Gustav with his bulging fist. Gustav narrowly dodged the deadly fist and quickly drew out his bazooka, Marie Ann. Gustav fired a rocket to the large monstrosity and hit it directly in the head. The giant Demon was motionless for a second. As the smoke cleared, a visible hole can be seen right in the center of the Demons forehead. The behemoth slowly tumbled backed and hit the ground with a mighty earth shaking force. Gustav layed still for a moment, enjoying his first kill of the day.

This is what I would consider literate roleplay. I'd like to see someone try to disagree with me; this is excellent material.

I'm still trying to look for more examples from fights that I've participated in, but its a big thread (not as big as a bump thread, mind you) and this computer isn't exactly the fastest, or the best for looking for something.

Vinylle

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff