Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Obama's School Adress

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm
*cherry*

If anyone has heard, President Obama is supposed to give a speech 12:00 p.m, Tuesday, September 8, to all American school students. Somewhat of a "Welocme Back to School" address. A show called, Channel One News that is broadcast in selective Middle Schools and High Schools acoss the country, is broadcasting it.

Now some people think that it is a waste of time. Obama should be worrying about other things besides this. Some people think that he is putting too much pressure on children.

My school, has chose not to broadcast it. Reasons because the Superindent thinks that it should be the parents choice to what their children watch. I am personally happy, because I think that it is a waste of time too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:20 pm
I think the whole thing is pish-posh. Every president has visited schools and talked to students. I don't know about you, but if the president did something special for my peers and I, I would have been excited (regardless of party.) I think this is yet another hypocritical movement with the conservatives against a false "brainwash" attempt from the "big bad liberals."  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Pumona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:30 am
cherrydarlin999
*cherry*

If anyone has heard, President Obama is supposed to give a speech 12:00 p.m, Tuesday, September 8, to all American school students. Somewhat of a "Welocme Back to School" address. A show called, Channel One News that is broadcast in selective Middle Schools and High Schools acoss the country, is broadcasting it.

Now some people think that it is a waste of time. Obama should be worrying about other things besides this. Some people think that he is putting too much pressure on children.

My school, has chose not to broadcast it. Reasons because the Superindent thinks that it should be the parents choice to what their children watch. I am personally happy, because I think that it is a waste of time too.

I'm glad your school is not showing it. It should be a parents choice.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:38 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
I think the whole thing is pish-posh. Every president has visited schools and talked to students. I don't know about you, but if the president did something special for my peers and I, I would have been excited (regardless of party.) I think this is yet another hypocritical movement with the conservatives against a false "brainwash" attempt from the "big bad liberals."

Visiting schools is one thing but, going on tv and broadcasting is another. Families should have a choice of weither they want their kids subjected to certain people. Kids do not understand everything so, yes they would get excited no matter what party. As for your last sentence that was way of base. There are alot of people that are out there that voted either way without facts. Some also do not listen to facts but, there are quit a few people that voted for Obama and are changing their minds. That's why his ratings are going way down.  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:32 pm
Do you even know what his address is about? Because I'll tell you right now it's political in the very least. All he is telling the kids to do is to do good in school, and stick with it. This is all politically related, it has nothing to deal with whether it's a TV broadcast or a visitation... it's another way to get on Obama for doing something different, and I will stick with my guns on it. There's nothing wrong with a president appearing on the television to say this to kids. If he were to go on TV and talk about a political position or something similar, the stories different.

As for the topic about my last sentence. His ratings are down. That's a fact, however, this does not change my opinion that it's the more conservative sect of America than the moderate and liberal sect that care so passionately about him broadcasting any message to school children, regardless of it being a message to stay in school. It's not a waste of time for a president to inspire kids to stay in school, people are making it seem like terrorism.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm
They should only address school children to teach them about how our nation was founded by great Christian men and teach them the wonders of God. But they've been corrupted by things like Evolution and Sex.  

Magus Kathrine

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:59 pm
Quote:
They should only address school children to teach them about how our nation was founded by great Christian men and teach them the wonders of God. But they've been corrupted by things like Evolution and Sex.

LMAO! You're so funny! . . . . oh wait, you were serious about this. . .

As to the main subject of this thread, I'm not worried. My guess is Mr. Obama isn't going to try to advocate anything partisan with this. If he does, I still don't worry. My step daughter comes home to me at the end of the day, not Barack Obama. I'll have more than enough chance to set her straight if the POTUS messes up.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:32 pm
Magus Kathrine

lol

Many of America's founders were Deists, not Christians. And I'm not even gonna comment on the evolution and sex thing...  

DanskiWolf

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:00 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:

LMAO! You're so funny! . . . . oh wait, you were serious about this. . .

As to the main subject of this thread, I'm not worried. My guess is Mr. Obama isn't going to try to advocate anything partisan with this. If he does, I still don't worry. My step daughter comes home to me at the end of the day, not Barack Obama. I'll have more than enough chance to set her straight if the POTUS messes up.

You are correct as a parent/step parent you can and should set things straight for your child. Some will and some won't. I trust you will do the right thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Do you even know what his address is about? Because I'll tell you right now it's political in the very least. All he is telling the kids to do is to do good in school, and stick with it. This is all politically related, it has nothing to deal with whether it's a TV broadcast or a visitation... it's another way to get on Obama for doing something different, and I will stick with my guns on it. There's nothing wrong with a president appearing on the television to say this to kids. If he were to go on TV and talk about a political position or something similar, the stories different.

As for the topic about my last sentence. His ratings are down. That's a fact, however, this does not change my opinion that it's the more conservative sect of America than the moderate and liberal sect that care so passionately about him broadcasting any message to school children, regardless of it being a message to stay in school. It's not a waste of time for a president to inspire kids to stay in school, people are making it seem like terrorism.

If he only talks to kids about school related ect... Then it is ok but, they have already said some teachers are giving out homework to their students asking them what they can do for their president not for their country. Our (republicans) probelm that you seem to bring up alot, is we do not trust him and can not understand how others can so completly (oh what that is changing finally). Anyway the main thing is if he only talks about staying in school ect.. then it is fine to broadcast it.  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm
Pumona
Rainbowfied Mouse

If he only talks to kids about school related ect... Then it is ok but, they have already said some teachers are giving out homework to their students asking them what they can do for their president not for their country. Our (republicans) probelm that you seem to bring up alot, is we do not trust him and can not understand how others can so completly (oh what that is changing finally). Anyway the main thing is if he only talks about staying in school ect.. then it is fine to broadcast it.

But that's it. Why does this debate exist, because all it is is about school.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 pm
DanskiWolf
Magus Kathrine

lol

Many of America's founders were Deists, not Christians. And I'm not even gonna comment on the evolution and sex thing...

Actually all our founders were christians  

Drarksupersaiyan

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:04 pm
Quote:
Actually all our founders were christians

And that's merely because all of them were European. By the time of the ratification of the Constitution the country already had a Jewish community that, by standards of the total population of the colonies, was quite large. Muslims, also, were not unheard of in the colonies, in part because of the African slave trade, and in part because one of the earliest nations to recognize American independence was Morocco. So, other religions were quite on the plate of the Founding Fathers, and they drafted a provision to the Constitution that forbade both the official establishment of a state religion and allowed the free exercise of religion. They did not specify that only Christianity could be practiced. Had they intended that, it would have been directly stipulated.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:07 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse

There is no brainwashing. Now sit down and write your letter about what you can do to help Obama achieve his goals.
Oops, wait, that lesson plan was discarded, wasn't it?

Glad most districts let people opt out...  

LadyHalli

Gracious Genius

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces