Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Looking for a roleplay. Suggestions? (read before replying)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vinylle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm
Hey, guys. Pretty sure I posted something like this before, but I don't remember getting any (good) answers, if any at all.

I like to roleplay, but I've recently (in the past year or so) noticed that the Gaia roleplay community is slipping/lacking good material. (Not taking a cheap shot at this guild or anything; I'm just saying, in general.) And its not like I can find anything of much interest in this guild either, by just skimming over the forum pages full of titles.

In all honesty, all I'm seeing in Barton town is "omg vampires in a mansion" or "YOAI YOAI YOAI" or some random, non-cliché, uninteresting/iliterate roleplay that will never get anywhere past 10 pages, if even. I know I'm being harsh but all I'm asking for is a good mild-fantasy, fighting, and social literate roleplay.

Let me give you an idea where I come from; has anyone heard of Angels vs. Demons started by Demongirl28, aka Snowboarding Taco? Yeah, I was there. I chilled there for two years. That thread restarted two times over, and in total, had more than 5,000 pages of good, (at least) semi-literate posts, in estimate. Simple concept, but it got somewhere and attracted some interesting people.

I've tried opening my own roleplay thread, but it lacked in population and so I was pretty much stuck writing my own novel about my one character who never had the chance to interact with anyone else. I've personally never had the ability to bring people together successfully, nor did I ever excel in the leadership department.

The problem is, the whole Angels vs. Demons thing was five or six years ago and if I was able to find it, I know its on the edge of cleaiming inactivity, and now, I'm hardly able to get on the computer as much as I used to (my hours have been cut severely; I guess thats what happens when you grow up and move out). I'm on less frequently, but I can stay on for a good window of a few hours, if I play my cards right. I'm looking for something I can join, roleplay in for a day, take a break from, then come back a week later and not have the whole thing Goku'd/Kah-maya-mayah'd.

Here's what I like:
+ Fighting. Good, descriptive, thought-out, god-mod-less fighting.
+ Communities. Despite popular belief, I enjoy interacting with people, especially when roleplaying.
+ General area traits. I don't want to be confined to a mansion.
+ A flexible plot, and something that could potentially get somewhere.
+ Originality. Cliché things do not appeal to me, unless they are fashionable (and I don't think I can accessorize with RPs).
+ Literacy. I can't stress this enough. I'm good with semi-lit but straight-out "omfgrofl chatspeek 4 u" bugs me.

And post your suggestionss ... nnow. (:

PS. I will not take "lower your standards" as a suggestion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm
If you don't mind a historical role play, I've got one going on the battle of Petersburg during the civil war.
it's definitely lit, unconfined, lots of fighting, and I have never found anyone else with the same rp before. (believe me, I searched!) There aren't many people, but I think it should be picking up - especially if you join it! I hope you'll give it a try.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16238839  

YotaLife93

Conservative Smoker

Vinylle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm
I'm not into historical, or history-based rolesplays, even if it involves fighting. Guns, swiss army knives, and those pointy things they put on the end of their rifles in WWII don't appeal to me.

I believe I said I enjoy mild-fantasy.

But thanks for replying. I guess.

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces