Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Opening my Third Eye- please help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lovely Lolita Love

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:28 pm
I would very much like to open my Third Eye as it were- to be able to see spirits. Are there any ways I may be able to? Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm
well there are alot of different ways. sometimes chakras open on their own if you're meditating or doing magic. but there are ways to open them like reiki, certain energy manipulation techniques and different things. i'd say don't try to force it really.  

Elfshaman

Viscerim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm
Not meaning to avoid the question, but have you considered an alternative to visually seeing spirits? For example, I go through life perceiving with feeling in my solar plexus region. Others may hear, some simply know, and the list goes on. Maybe an alternate such a these may be easier and better suited for you? I can sometimes see as well, but only when the air is real "thick" and I'm very relaxed and... the best way I can word it is "slowed and aware."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Lovely Lolita Love
I would very much like to open my Third Eye as it were- to be able to see spirits. Are there any ways I may be able to? Thank you!

I dunno about seeing. I'm more of a meditator to see them than instead of seeing them.

Here's how I started. Sit down and mentally control your mind to focus only on one thing at a time, be it taste, touch, sight, sound, blah blah.

My best example: Focus on the hands of a grandfather clock. Then the swinging of the pendulum. Then how big it is and what it looks like. Then the "tick" sound. Then slowly imagine them together. When you can hear and see it perfectly in your mind you should be a little better at concentrating on this.

As for seeing...focus. Focus and be aware of your surroundings, you never know what lies around you. Pay attention to all the details. If you're focusing only on SIGHT, then train your sight to be really good any way you can.

Uh....that is all.  

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm
Viscerim
Not meaning to avoid the question, but have you considered an alternative to visually seeing spirits? For example, I go through life perceiving with feeling in my solar plexus region. Others may hear, some simply know, and the list goes on. Maybe an alternate such a these may be easier and better suited for you? I can sometimes see as well, but only when the air is real "thick" and I'm very relaxed and... the best way I can word it is "slowed and aware."

he has a point. i've tryed seeing before and it is really tough but i can feel stuff really good. so yeah maybe try one of your other senses  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:32 pm
I made this post on one of the other forums I attend, specifically about the third eye. It's not quite the real thing, but what I've come to conclude through my own practice and study.

http://www.occultforums.net/free-spells/4871-third-eye-technique.html  

GM Phish

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Abstract_AfterLife

6,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 pm
id listen to these guys chakras play a big role in many different applications. study learn practice and enjoy smile make sure and ground and protect yourself never go ungaurded ^_^  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games