Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Entering other planes through dreams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:12 am
All through life I have been prone to incredibly vivid dreams. Vivid to the point of remembering architecture, temperature, smells, textures, materials, etc. The fact that some people don't remember their dreams is as foreign as the idea of colorblindness to me.

Anyway, because of this above average level of dreaming, it was one of the first things that I discussed with the elders of a local pagan grove when I met them a few years ago. They gave me an interesting theory.

"It's like I'm in a different world," I said, after describing a couple particularly unusual dreams.

"Maybe you are," said one, "People often astral project in their sleep without realizing it. But rather than traveling along through Earth's astral plane, you could be going to a different one."

"Or," said the other, "You could be remembering places you've seen in a past life in a different plane."

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of "regular" dreams too. Dreams where there are unusual occurrences, and details often shift or change or jumps in subject matter occur. These are the types of dreams that most people have, and most people never experience other forms of dreaming. In an average dream, there will only be a few events that will happen in a normal sort of order before a scene shift.

The difference in my "normal" dreams and vivid dreams are that with the vivid dreams, not only are these dreams perfectly crisp in their detail, but they are also usually quite long and drawn out, characters remain consistent throughout the dream, and events happen in a sequence that is actually understandable.

I call those vivid dreams "journey dreams" because I am actually able to move about from one thing to the next without suddenly being hurtled into an entirely different subject matter or place.

Does anyone else ever have these "journey dreams"? Why do you think they are? Are they simply dreams that are more "powerful" than regular dreams? Memories, maybe? Or even alternate planes? I will post some pictures of events or people or places from my dreams to help show what I mean. Heck, maybe some one has even been to the same place, if I really have been going to alternate planes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:00 pm
Some bits from dreams. More to come, sorry the art isn't so great.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Magus Initi

redwolfshadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:08 pm
I dont have very vivid dreams, but I can meditate and it feels like im someplace else.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 pm
I find those kinds of dreams to be more memorable, and they invoke deeper memories inside myself. It's like a door to something new.  

Underworld Priestess

redwolfshadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm
Well, thinking back, i had a really strange dream that kinda stayed with me. I was writing in my dream journal and cursing myself for waiting for 3 days to write it down because i was sure id forget it. It was still crystal clear. It involved natural disaster and a plane crash...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 pm
I have had a few journey dreams. Most of my dreams are of different versions of this life. Sometimes though I also create places in my dreams. I'm astral projecting in a sense but there are places in the astral where you can bend the plane to fit your fancy because the place is pretty empty.  

Ishtar Shakti

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm
Which plane(s) are you talking about? Elemental or astral?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:54 pm
I know exactly what you're talking about and have been wondering this myself for a long time. I often have dreams that are so vivid it takes me a while to figure out who I am, and where I am when I wake.  

Panty Master

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:43 pm
Tenrai Kado
Which plane(s) are you talking about? Elemental or astral?

Irrelevant question. They are all made of the same substance with different levels of complexity and different feels to them.
The words your using don't have much context.
Astral is just a buzz word letting people know its not physical. I've never heard anyone classify a plane as being elemental before but from the meaning of the word I guess I can give it context.
I've never actually been in a realm I would call water before accept if it mimicked the feel of water  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games