does anyone find....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 pm
that when you watch the movie before you read the book, you try to read the book but you cant. ive been reading eargon for the second time trying since i seen the movie...and im trying so hard to read it...but i find it to boringish.... sweatdrop ..... but i wanna read it but its taking my so long trying to get my brian into reading it....
(sorry if its in the wrong section)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm
Yes, this should be in chatterbox, as it does not relate to all the members of the guild. *Moved*

I'm afraid that I usually do not have that problem, as most of the books that I read have and will never be reconstituted in movie form. I have only seen a movie and read the book afterward once, with Spider-man. The book was a simple interpreted version of the movie, and as such did not contain much insight; I did not have any problem with drudging my way through 300 pages of a poorly-written imitation, though.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Lady Idril Saralonde

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:37 pm
No, I find that the books are always so much more vivid compared to the movies. I've read books than watched the movie. The movie usually has so much missing, do to the fact that they can't completely plagiarize the story.
The one book I'm having slight problems in reading after watching the movie first is Lord Of The Rings. But I got half way through and I think the Book is 110% better than the movie. Though I do think that the movie is simply amazing too. Both great.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 pm
Actually, I'm going to put this in the Movie subforum. I don't think I've read too many books after seeing the movies, but I usually don't have too much of a problem getting through them. Part of it might be that the book is actually hard to get through, regardless of what the movie was like (like Lord of the Rings).  

penandpaper67
Captain

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:13 am
@priestess- lucky you do not!

@lady- i agree! books are much more vivid then the movie! lol..i tried reading lord of the rings...but i kinda watched the movie first...so i did not finish it lol...

@penandpaper- sorry about that. i try most of the time not to watch the movie before reading the book first lol well i dony know maybe its just me lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:24 pm
same thing happens to me sweatdrop

lakita_phoenix

Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas