Reply Serious Disscusion
Is it honestly right? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoriesThatKill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 pm
Depends on the parents. My father that I lived with for about six years as a teenager was an idiot a drunk and hopelessly addicted to precription Drugs. It is a wonder how he ended up having sons as good as my brother and I. I am 19 right now, and looking back on it as an adult I realized he was worse than I thought when I was a child. The only bad things I ever did while living with him was sneak out to see my friends. Which I honestly think I am better for. (Seeing as I would probably be pretty anti-social now) When he would tell me not to see my boyfriends(in an effort to force me straight), I would sneek out and see them. So some teens know better than their parents in some cases.

Though I have known some very good parents in my day that honestly have their kid's best interests at heart. Like telling their kid not to go out with this kid that is on drugs, or this kid that is constantly getting in trouble for stealing, etc. In that case, they don't want you getting into drugs or into other bad habits. Those sorts of things can wreck your life. Also, if they notice that you are more sad then you are happy with whoever your with. Sometimes they know best.

So my opinion is that it is situational. It depends on the parent(s).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm
I do not think it is right at all. If there is no harm done, the relationship should remain intact.
The thing is, parents may take something as being bad, whether the action caused unintentional motives or that is the parents taking to things.  

Korel542

Ice_Veins

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:25 pm
That is unfortunate, my sympathies to your friend. As far as parents being dicks, I refer you all to Romeo and Juliet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:49 pm
personal, i'd like to know more info and a bit more background before making any kind of judgement.

One must be objective, not a romantic ice_veins, when making a decision. razz  

Max Headroom Tv

Serious Disscusion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas