Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Critique My Art Please. (updated)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrStones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:28 pm
critique my art please. thanks.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

proof for u skeptical noobs
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:35 am
They are pretty intense.
I love the action scenes in them.  

Vera Lieazoki

DrStones

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 am
Vera Lieazoki
They are pretty intense.
I love the action scenes in them.

thankyou. appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:19 am
I really love them! I'm not quite up to your level yet. I'm hoping to get there though.  

Sumomo4life

Larzar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:05 pm
There nice!

My only problem is that thye dont show much diversity, like there are all hardcore jagged action scenes.

Whta if someone comissioned you to do a Hello Kitty banner?

I'm not saying you couldn't do that, just that I havent seen it in your samples.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm
Nice use of color to create intensity, but as said before, it would be nice to have some variety of mood in there.

Also, brush up on the typography- those fonts and their use with that...stroke and angling the words in the "Dark Loners" banner flatten out the space and take away from the image. Figure out ways to integrate the text into the image without making the image and words seem completely separate from each other.

amosa

DrStones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm
amosa
Nice use of color to create intensity, but as said before, it would be nice to have some variety of mood in there.

Also, brush up on the typography- those fonts and their use with that...stroke and angling the words in the "Dark Loners" banner flatten out the space and take away from the image. Figure out ways to integrate the text into the image without making the image and words seem completely separate from each other.

lol yeah im getting better. thanks for the advice. i figure i need to reduce opacity smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:49 pm
I would have to agree that the type needs work. You'd be surprised to see how much of an impact non-fancy fonts make on any piece of work. By fancy fonts I mean, fonts that have party-like attributes, or fonts that are way out there and out of the ordinary. They may look cool, but they have their uses elsewhere. Standard/default fonts often times look much better.

It does look like you're set on one type of style. It's good to an extent, but don't be afraid to expand your borders and really do something out of the ordinary. Try making something without 3D renders for example, or without ready-made graphics. It's a challenge to some, but it'll definitely help expand your knowledge on what's out there.

Have fun.  

Keiravarutri

DrStones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Keiravarutri
I would have to agree that the type needs work. You'd be surprised to see how much of an impact non-fancy fonts make on any piece of work. By fancy fonts I mean, fonts that have party-like attributes, or fonts that are way out there and out of the ordinary. They may look cool, but they have their uses elsewhere. Standard/default fonts often times look much better.

It does look like you're set on one type of style. It's good to an extent, but don't be afraid to expand your borders and really do something out of the ordinary. Try making something without 3D renders for example, or without ready-made graphics. It's a challenge to some, but it'll definitely help expand your knowledge on what's out there.

Have fun.

thank you but honestly about the 3d thats what half the people tell me thats what they like about my art compared to others. most other people do simple backgrounds which are boring, but yeah i k text + me = O.o..?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:19 pm
i think they look great expecially hitsugaya heart but maybe you could change it up a little...  

Poison-Ivy99

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

The Striped Cow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm
they are really good i really like them!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:39 pm
do you mind telling how extactly is it that you them..they are great.i want to learn how to do them.  

The Striped Cow

Detective Hagemann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:04 pm
Great, I like the bright vibrant colors.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games